Talk About Marriage banner
241 - 248 of 248 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
@Loveisblindness, please buy this book below and read it. Then read it again. It should help you.

I'm not affiliated with the company/website (apart from being a customer).

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Had a male client that discovered that his wife of 20 years spent the better part of their marriage in an affair with her boss. It was deep undercover. He did not bother with confrontation and went to consequences very quickly. He kissed her goodbye as she left for work that morning. Half an hour later he was on OBS’ doorstep, he gave her everything he had. It was devastating. He told her that he was going to their employer next and to expect her H to be unemployed. OBS stated that he had lived off her for way too long she promised to keep mum til end of business that day. His meeting with HR ended with the company agreeing to terminate both of them. Once that stick ofTNT was planted, he showed at his in laws and told them that she would be coming home to live with them. He proceeded home to await the results of his day.

She arrived home, she looked ashen. She was literally shaking when he asked how her day went? She didn’t answer. “That bad eh? Sorry it won’t get much better. You have probably deduced that I am the one who outed you, if not then, surprise!” Sue stammers out that she can explain. He is unwilling to hear her out. He tells her that shortly she can expect a call from her AP telling her that he has been kicked out, he lost his job a few minutes after you. She is like a deer in the headlights. Our kids were informed this afternoon, as were your folks, they’re expecting you. You no longer live in this house. You need to hire an attorney as I am divorcing you. At that she had the loudest breakdown he ever saw out of his wife. She kept crying that her life is over. He tells her to leave and have her lawyer call his. He ghosted her for the yer it took to end the marriage. He never got any closure. AP lost his home, marriage and all of his money. My client relocated and restarted his life in his late forties. His ex stalks him thru FB. She sees that he now lives with a new woman. That too is a consequence. Her parents keep her on a short leash.
Wow Tax, I love your post of how betrayed spouses spring into action. Over and over, when I suggest that a BH go to their WWs HR to try to get them both fired , I hear at least one poster talking about having spousal support imposed due to her being unemployed. Maybe you can shed some light, don’t the family courts expect the unemployed spouse to get a comparable paying job. I know they do that to men.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Still horrible. Think I'm sinking further into depression. Not sure what to do to feel better. Hoping time will help. IC isn't doing much at the moment.
You're a valuable man who married a very broken woman. Nothing you did caused her to behave as she did. She would have done it to a billionaire clone of Brad Pitt.

You have many good, happy years ahead of you. The best thing you can do is to cut this dead weight off your back so that you can move forward.

·
Registered
33 Posts
now you need to prevent this from happening to your kids. set an example that cheating is not tolerated. working on this marriage will show your kids that it is ok to get back to a broken marriage and live unhappy.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Watch this video amigo. especially from 8.09min+. watch this guy's other videos. You need to be reeducated. your wiring has been crossed up for a long time.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Still horrible. Think I'm sinking further into depression. Not sure what to do to feel better. Hoping time will help. IC isn't doing much at the moment.
@Loveisblindness I'm really sorry to hear this. I truly am. It seems that you are taking on a disproportionate amount of burden of this affair on your shoulders. Based on what you've written about your wife, she certainly seems regretful but definitely not remorseful. I mean, can she look at herself in the mirror and feel any self respect considering all the things that he made her do.

If I haven't sent this links to you already, please check these articles out:

Please check other article on these websites as well.

Have you started talking to an individual counselor? Is she still thinking about moving to the new house? How does she justify that? Have you talked to your friends and family about this affair and asked for their support? Please don't isolate yourself. Leaning on your support structure can help you dealing with this situation and may help you with the feeling of depression.

Please Feel free to express your thoughts and feelings here as well.

241 - 248 of 248 Posts