Talk About Marriage banner
181 - 195 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Well, we are over that age range but I know what you are saying.

And I am sure something is wrong that she doesn't want it more...unless its me??? Maybe I want it too much?
If you're initiating 5-7 times/week, and only being turned down 3-4 times/week, that's a 1-4/week times/week frequency - which isn't anywhere near a sexless marriage. Just because she doesn't want it AS much as you doesn't mean she doesn't want it, or enjoy it, or there's anything wrong with either of you. It's just a difference in drive. The only thing that might be a "too much" about it, is if you can't accept that she doesn't want it as much as you and make it a problem.

·
Registered
505 Posts
My sex frequency has actually picked up some recently from backing off. It went from every 3-4 nights to her expressing a lot more interest and increasingly it’s every other night. I just consciously backed off a little and try not to linger with the hugs and kisses. She can’t accuse me anymore of trying to turn all physical affection into sex.

·
Registered
8,026 Posts
But I think the instinct to mate and have casual sex are two different things. Mating to produce offspring is appreciated by many especially when younger. Having sex later in life just just for the fun of sex seems to not be as appreciated by many.
I disagree completely.

Mother Nature makes people horny all the time so they are getting down all the time thus increasing the chances proliferation.

If actual human reproduction were left up to logic and conscious intent, 70% of the people out there wouldn’t have kids at all and the other 30% would have one kid and then swear no more!

Mother Nature makes us horny so we keep screwing despite all the hardships and expenses and pain-in-the-buttedness of having kids.

The earth’s human population would die out in just a few generations.

It’s horniness that perpetuates the species. Not the logic of childbearing.

·
Premium Member
14,464 Posts
I disagree completely.

Mother Nature makes people horny all the time so they are getting down all the time thus increasing the chances proliferation.

If actual human reproduction were left up to logic and conscious intent, 70% of the people out there wouldn’t have kids at all and the other 30% would have one kid and then swear no more!

Mother Nature makes us horny so we keep screwing despite all the hardships and expenses and pain-in-the-buttedness of having kids.

The earth’s human population would die out in just a few generations.

It’s horniness that perpetuates the species. Not the logic of childbearing.
I have not found that to be true at all. Kids are definitely a sex killer for a lot of their caretakers. The hardships are also a sex killer to many. Of course, not all. And Mother Nature didn't make all people horny all the time.

·
Registered
4,062 Posts
And Mother Nature didn't make all people horny all the time.
Just most of the people most of the time.

The idea that kids and hardship are a sex killer seems at odds with the very high birthrates in undeveloped countries. Maybe the idea only applies in the “developed” west where any inconvenience is an excuse.

We had 4 kids. Didn't slow their SAHM a bit. We had a lot of financial hardship especially early in our marriage. Irrelevant to our love life. In fact, that was a refuge from the financial worries.

·
Premium Member
14,464 Posts
Just most of the people most of the time.

The idea that kids and hardship are a sex killer seems at odds with the very high birthrates in undeveloped countries. Maybe the idea only applies in the “developed” west where any inconvenience is an excuse.

We had 4 kids. Didn't slow their SAHM a bit. We had a lot of financial hardship especially early in our marriage. Irrelevant to our love life. In fact, that was a refuge from the financial worries.
That's more about women having no say in the matter those places. 50 percent of marriages worldwide are arranged.

·
Premium Member
14,464 Posts
Source(s) please?
Google What percentage of marriages are arranged? And that's just the arranged ones. You think women in most arranged marriages have any say on whether to have sex or not? Very rarely. Doesn't even account for the ones where marriage and babies are encouraged young, so young the women don't know what they're getting into, like 15. If they're lucky, they have better parents who don't want them to do that that young, but I'm living in Texas, and it's obvious the impact of that here. It's visible.

·
Registered
9,230 Posts
Kids are a hardship……. Geez, people are so freaking weak nowadays. Stressed for this, stressed for that, needing antidepressants….

btw, kids never had any effect on my sex life. Maybe just a few rejections over the years due to actual tiredness…. And I can honestly say I handled those rejections terribly as a young man. People that want to have sex, do.

·
Premium Member
14,464 Posts
I don't patronize google. What reference(s) did it give?

Are you saying that in a non-arranged marriage, given the choice, most women would not have sex after they had to take exhausting care of one child? And if they have any 'hardships', they also won;t want sex? So wouldn't a corollary be that non-arranged couples would have at most one child ( only the ones experiencing no hardship ), which is less than 1/2 replacement procreation?

I just realized this is off-topic of the original thread. So, will start a thread to explore this "kids are a sex killer" further. Apologies
Rus, you didn't provide any references for your post, so do your own homework. I told you where to find it, which anyone would already know. If you don't like google, pick another search engine. I'm just saying half the world still do arranged marriages and those women don't have much choice in the matter. You made a general statement without any references yourself that births are proof of horniness. Ridiculous.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My wife and I have a total of eight years together. We just celebrated our fifth wedding anniversary. Our problem is this… we have different sexual needs. (I need it daily). (My wife needs it never… I just overheard her say, to a friend of hers, she only “puts out” to make me happy. We have sex maybe 2 or 3 times per month… maybe. The other 27 days I get rejected). It’s a really ****ty feeling to know that my wife isn’t interested me, physically, but I know I can go out one night and find several women that are able and willing.

It’s been so bad that I’m thinking of divorcing her. I don’t understand the point of marriage if physical intimacy isn’t something both people long for? My love language is Physical Touch…. So physical intimacy is very important to me.

I stay in our marriage so that I don’t lose time with our children. It may sound crazy… to me my children are as important as oxygen. I cannot leave my wife because I then lose time with my children.

We have both been with a lot of partners previous to the start of our relationship. She’s been with about 80 men. I’ve been with about 200 women. It’s very frustrating to know that my wife had such a feverish, sexual, appetite and could care less about our sex life. I took vows… so I will not step out on her but I’m in the prime of my life and my career. Sex, passionate, sweaty, playful, erotic, hot, steamy, loud, amazing, aggressive, lustful, connecting, sex is a craving for me. (Don’t wives need sex like I do or do women get married to trap men? I feel so trapped! I swear the only time she wants sex is either “to keep me happy” or upgrade her lifestyle by purchasing some big ticket item).

Some of you may say that I should try doting more on my wife…

Some of you may offer that she could be stressed with her career, chores and child rearing… we have three children… 11 year, 4 year and one year old.

Some people may respond to my thoughts with: are you an Alpha male? Women long for decisive, strong, confident men… blah blah blah…

I do not and will not apologize for my sexual cravings. I am a man that knows exactly what I want from life. I am very open to telling people exactly what I need from them… at work and at home. (How are people supposed to know what you need them to do if you don’t tell them?)

It’s absolutely embarrassing to be rejected constantly, by my wife, and then to overhear Her say… “I have sex with him to keep him happy”.

I have read posts on here about women in my boots and I just don’t understand how their men aren’t into the benefits of a healthy sex life with their women?

Should I stay or shoukd I go?…. Your thoughts?
Go. Find someone who likes the sweat-fest you crave and DON'T marry that woman. Just play around & enjoy your genitals. Why not? P.S. Maybe your performance is at the bottom of that 80 men list she claims.

·
Registered
16 Posts
You can have all the arguments stacked up about how alpha you are or attentive etc. regardless of your view of yourself and how you would define yourself, it's how your wife views you and her definition of you that is the crux of your problem.

What you are to your wife is something non manly or nonsexual and more like a pet or roommate.

She is unfortunately treating you with behavior she knows she can get away with.

I wasn't with as many partners as you but I had my pick before Mrs. Conan captured me.

Others have referred to me with a lot of labels but this is what I can say truthfully about myself when it comes to sex, I don't play and I get laid.

I've always been no nonsense when it comes to sex and I haven't wasted time with women who weren't very committed to getting what they wanted in the bedroom.

Mrs. Conan was no different than any of the others in that regard and was in my bed within 8 or so hours of meeting me. She continued to not mess around and we almost lost our jobs the first week due to having sex so often.

Aside from one short period of time in 30 years, she doesn't deny me for sex ever.

I'm not a man to be denied my passion and my Mrs. also views me as that kind of man.

I was willing to leave her during that short time she tried to control and dole out the sex.

We still had a minor child at home but I was unwilling to put up with any nonsense and we got it resolved with never a look back.

I'm not a man to be denied but you are my friend.

That's not a slam, it's just the truth.
I just found this forum and I gotta say it's a breath of fresh air. I've been saying this for a long time after learning the hard way many years ago.

I hope the OP becomes much more assertive with these responses. Don't settle for less than what makes you happy just to meet in the middle as a normal course of action. Daily sex has enough positives to it. Do it for her health :)

It's like salary requirements when applying for a job. If you ask for a small amount, you get a small amount, but this time you don't get marginal increases year over year. You have to be willing to lose it all to find what you want. If the answer is no, you probably wouldn't fit in with the culture there anyway.

Ok, enough with the analogies.

181 - 195 of 195 Posts