Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
My wife and I just returned from a vacation in the Caribbean. The resort had this high four poster bed which was the perfect height. I'm 6'2 and have never before had sex like that on the edge of the bed. I was able to stand with my wife on the edge of the bed and have her just put her legs on my shoulders and easily and comfortably thrust. This also gave her very easy access to her clit. We also had a few sessions where I just bent her over the bed and I comfortably went from behind. I was impressed with the ease, access and power of these positions.

Certainly a great time for a couple of 52 year olds after 28 years of marriage! Try it if the geometry works for you.

I hear you. Last year had first vac alone with the W in 18 years and did the same thing. Was amazing. We're both 5'8 and same height can be a problem. I also get the 2 professional problem.

In our 50's now. A couple of years ago, due to TAM and folks like @turnera I read His Needs Her Needs. I finally got that my need for frequent sex was valid and I disrupted my relationship to get that point across. It wasn't my intention to disrupt the relationship - it was a natural and emotional outgrowth of the realization of that need.

The book explains your needs in a way your W will understand. It's an easy read. Check it out and make it clear that you need this intimacy to maintain a close bond with your W, particularly since you're both so engrossed in your professions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
209 Posts
I'm just going to throw this out there, and trust me it's not meant to be mean! It sounds like your wife is looking for newness and excitement. Routines in the bedroom get boring after a while and when you are on vacation in a new environment with new surroundings and atmospheres it's exhilarating.

For your first height issue, get a sex swing! They are fantastic and she can lie back in one fully supported (like on a bed) and you can adjust the height on the whole swing. So you can do the exact same position like you did in the hotel at home! Amongst many other fun positions.

Secondly, spice things up in a BIG way. I'm talking about drastic changes. If you go for love-making, try something hardcore. If you go for hardcore, try something more sensual.

Either way, get a sex swing. They are amazing. My husband and I have a host of fun play things. And we never let it get boring or routine.

Also if she has a high stress job, where she makes lots of decision and has lots of responsibilities, take away those decision in the bedroom (or living room, dining room, bathroom, hot tub, stairwell, etc) and take control. I can't speak for you wife, but in normal life I'm a big decision maker, so when it's time to have some fun, I like him taking complete control in pretty much every way. :) You can figure this out. I promise you that.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Yes, but my wife and I only rarely have sex when we are at home. She turns into a sexual dynamo whenever we stay at a hotel. It's very strange. She's like a different woman when we travel. I'm exhausted from this trip. Several times a day each day!>:)
Hotel and Vacation sex are usually better, HOWEVER...we have recently become empty nesters. Guess what? No kids means sex all over the house and on the deck. (Light the fireplace, now means, put the rug down in front of it, and get us a glass of wine...or a doobie-Yup we're Canucks (soon to be completely legal), and we discovered that a few puffs of an indica turns into AMAZING SEXXXX!!!!)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Well, just got a new and higher bed. It's been a week and it still hasn't been properly broken in. I hope my wife will recall the advantages of the higher bed so we can put them to good use in our home in the near future.

·
Registered
29 Posts
At the risk of helping resurrect a dead thread, I'll add my $.02.

We got a Tempurpedic ERGO adjustable frame last fall. The foot of the bed goes from average to HIGH at the push of a button, while remaining flat for the last 2 to 3 feet of the foot of the bed. No need for permanent blocks if you're that tall. The head will also almost point straight up for you. Lots of possibilities.

I read a lot of reviews that a tempurpedic mattress can kill your sex life as it doesn't bounce and move like a typical spring mattress, but we went with the "hybrid" mattress that has both springs and foam layers. It was spendy, but I love it. I call it my "old man bed." It does absorb movement exceptionally well though - my wife can get in or out of bed and if I'm not watching I'll never even know.

It's also provided a lot of possibilities for interesting positions while keeping you at max comfort. And seriously, a hybrid foam mattress is the most comfortable bed I've ever been on. The one we got is pretty firm, which I like, but you can get softer. I think my wife would have liked softer.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.