Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be awkward for some and I apologize ahead of time. Nevertheless, I feel comfortable enough with this group to proceed

When the divorce is eminent what about sexual relations? It has been over six weeks since any kind of sexual encounter between my husband and I, and it is a little frustrating. Please don’t misinterpret the situation. I do not plan on running out and grabbing the first thing that walks up. I don’t know maybe I am just venting. I don’t have any desire to have any type of relations with him, due to the situation (his cheating and filing for divorce), but I am still human. Furthermore, I don’t want to lead him on, by giving into physical desires.

How have others dealt with this situation?

·
Premium Member
3,707 Posts
Personally through my first divorce I was so sick to the stomach for the first week I couldn't think of it. I still felt commited to the marriage to see it to the end that I kept my morals even though she was breaking our vows.

But that is just me. I think you need to do what you are comfortable with. If you feel comfortable having a fling with your husband so be it. If you want to start moving on to someone different, so be it. Personally I never could until after the divorse was final. I did find a female friend I could dance with. Made me feel a bit better even though nothing would have ever come of it but I was able to have a good time.

draconis

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think what it is more than anything is having that companion. Some friends from work invited me out Thursday night and I think I am gonig to go. I haven't gone out with friends in such a long time. Mabye it is more needing that feeling of belonging....right now I feel so dis-placed....

·
Registered
70 Posts
If it is sexual release you are after might I suggest visiting an online adult store for a few sexual toys... You can PM if you want a few links that are legitimate, discreet and honest.

But - if it is emotional company you are seeking them I would suggest that you call one of your friends or a good family member and go out this weekend.... You deserve it.
and IF the moment does present its self for you to be sexual with a man for sexual release then take care of the matter as the adult you are and use protection - from becoming pregnant and from STD.

·
Registered
192 Posts
pick up a hobby, hang out with friends, but personally i think it's best that you dont go back with your ex husband. think of the diseases he may carry since he was unfaithful.

do yourself the greatest favor and have fun with your best friends and enjoy the company! try something that you may have always wanted to do like painting and try out for it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.