Talk About Marriage banner
61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
I suggest that you read the rules for the Religion forum.

I didn't see you complain at all a week or so ago when I permanently banned a member who is a Catholic for his attack on others based on religion in that forum.

"The religion section is for people to talk about religion in general terms and also to ask questions of oneself or of other people.
However, the debates and comments must be civil and courteous at all times.
Rudeness, bashing of a particular faith or sect, abuse and intolerance by people of any faith or of no faith will be considered to be in breach of the forum rules and will be dealt with accordingly.
Please also refer to the following general posting guidelines for further information:- https://talkaboutmarriage.com/genera...ead-first.html
I never meant to imply that I don’t deserve what I get. The mods on TAM are fair as far as I’m concerned.

·
Premium Member
8,252 Posts
Cynthia you must be joking right? You are always nice.
Thank you. I'm glad you think so. :)
100% serious.
Not everyone thinks I'm nice. I believe at least one person has me blocked.
I do try to treat everyone with respect, but have fallen a few times on here.

·
Administrator
48,458 Posts
Is there a way to tell if you have points or not ? If yes , how ?
I can't see any way for a user to see if they have any points. I tried to find something in the control panel that would let me turn it on. But it's not an option.

You have no points.

·
Administrator
48,458 Posts

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
By the way, most members don't have any points against them.
I’m just curious. Are points given only for breaking a hard rule, or is it also subjective?

Meaning if I yell at someone or am a little mean to them, but don't call them names, could I get a point?

If I’m antagonistic but not directly addressing other members and it's in context of the discussion, could I get a point?

Last one, if I give bad advice (someone did this and got banned) could I get a point?

Kudos
I think the mods do an excellent job in a site where a lot of emotions and pain cause people to behave in some awful ways. And the people who are on opposite sides of the spectrum on any given topic can peacefully co-exist, or be gone. Thanks mods.

·
Registered
10,460 Posts
I've wondered what the points are for.
I’m just curious. Are points given only for breaking a hard rule, or is it also subjective?

Meaning if I yell at someone or am a little mean to them, but don't call them names, could I get a point?

If I’m antagonistic but not directly addressing other members and it's in context of the discussion, could I get a point?

Last one, if I give bad advice (someone did this and got banned) could I get a point?

Kudos
I think the mods do an excellent job in a site where a lot of emotions and pain cause people to behave in some awful ways. And the people who are on opposite sides of the spectrum on any given topic can peacefully co-exist, or be gone. Thanks mods.
Suck up 🤣🤣🤣

·
Registered
12,261 Posts
Thank you. I'm glad you think so. :)
100% serious.
Not everyone thinks I'm nice. I believe at least one person has me blocked.
I do try to treat everyone with respect, but have fallen a few times on here.
Explaining my 'emoti-reaction' ...I consider you amongst the most level-headed here. And I'm consistently interested in your thoughts and posts. Hence, 'shock!' at what you wrote.

·
Administrator
48,458 Posts
So when I looked at my profile it says “points” and I have well over 100. Are those the same kind of points we are discussing here ?
What's being discussed here are "Warning" points. For those who have warning points I see the word "Warnings" followed by a number on their profile. Apparently normal members can't see the "Warnings" list.

The "Points" list is for good things. I think you have earned the top limit on those. Here's what pops up when I clicked on "Points" in your profile. I think you can open this up too by clicking on the word "Points".

Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Technology

·
Premium Member
8,252 Posts
Good grief. You are so nice I have to take insulin just to read your posts!😉
I can't stop laughing at this. This is so funny.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I can't see any way for a user to see if they have any points. I tried to find something in the control panel that would let me turn it on. But it's not an option.

You have no points.
I dunno if making our warning points privately visible would be such a good idea. People being people would check their points and immediately know they could get away with some bad behavior before hitting a threshold. And then proceed to push the limit to the detriment of everyone. Like spending some nasty PayPal play $. Encouraging bad behavior.

On the other hand, tweak this to be a flag when we're getting close to a limit, a 'watch your step' flag without numbers, that would encourage good behavior.

Certain incentives and chosen default states can lead to unexpectedly bad outcomes. I think there was a whole book written on this topic.

·
Administrator
48,458 Posts
I dunno if making our warning points privately visible would be such a good idea. People being people would check their points and immediately know they could get away with some bad behavior before hitting a threshold. And then proceed to push the limit to the detriment of everyone. Like spending some nasty PayPal play $. Encouraging bad behavior.

On the other hand, tweak this to be a flag when we're getting close to a limit, a 'watch your step' flag without numbers, that would encourage good behavior.

Certain incentives and chosen default states can lead to unexpectedly bad outcomes. I think there was a whole book written on this topic.
Interesting ideas. However, I can't tweak this as I have no access to the actual code.

61 - 80 of 80 Posts