Talk About Marriage banner
41 - 60 of 80 Posts

Administrator
View attachment 91312

Speaking of questions for mods, I posted this yesterday and it was deleted.. the message I received was "Reason: threadjack".

I was merely pointing out that a threadjack was occuring.

Also, I guess this is now a threadjack.
I have no idea what thread you posted taht on. That said, I'll bet that that image did not address the OP's issues on the thread, did it?

Registered
Only in that moderators assign points. When I give someone a ding, I don't go check how many prior points they have. The points accumulate. The points do expire over time.

Here's a sample of how the points are assigned....
Inappropriate Content 1 point expires in 30 days​
Off topic (thread jack) 4 points, expire in 1 year​
Personal Information Exploit 15 points, expire in 1 year​
Repeat Offense 84 points, expire in 1 year​

Here's the auto ban times
5 point 3 = 1 day ban​
10 points - 3 day ban​
15 points = 7 day ban​
30 points = 14 day ban​
100 points = permanent ban​
I wonder what my point total is right now? 馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ

• Haha
Reactions: karole and jlg07

Registered
I never use the word but I have my own way of saying it without saying it.

When I 'smell' one, I just post that I'm here to see the comments and I post a gif of someone eating popcorn. :ROFLMAO:

Administrator
I must go from 0 to 15 all in one thread. I always get a one weeker 鈥..

Anyone wanna talk about Catholics ???
I suggest that you read the rules for the Religion forum.

I didn't see you complain at all a week or so ago when I permanently banned a member who is a Catholic for his attack on others based on religion in that forum.

"The religion section is for people to talk about religion in general terms and also to ask questions of oneself or of other people.
However, the debates and comments must be civil and courteous at all times.
Rudeness, bashing of a particular faith or sect, abuse and intolerance by people of any faith or of no faith will be considered to be in breach of the forum rules and will be dealt with accordingly.
Please also refer to the following general posting guidelines for further information:- https://talkaboutmarriage.com/genera...ead-first.html

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
I never use the word but I have my own way of saying it without saying it.

When I 'smell' one, I just post that I'm here to see the comments and I post a gif of someone eating popcorn. :ROFLMAO:
That doesn't mean the same to me. To me, whoever posts the popcorn IS the T.

Registered
On a forum I moderated a long time ago, the "t" word was also flagged, but the stated purpose was to alert mods to possible "t" behavior so they would go investigate.

On this forum, it's system autoban for someone saying the "t" word, but the "t" behavior that prompted the user to say it isn't banned, from what I have seen in O' these many years. I mean, really, which is worse, saying it or doing it? I know the rules cover that behavior one way or the other. I realize a poster should report rather than say the "t" word, but I just don't see how saying it is the bigger offence than at times what prompted it, which is often by new users being bullied.

What's the practice?
There is a very handy report button for that.

You're welcome.馃槈

Administrator
EleGirl -- when someone gets a point assigned, do they get warned usually?
To be honest I don't know if there is a default warning message sent.

I just gave you a warning with "0 " (zero) points. Did you get any kind of warning? There is an option to send a note to the person that I did not use in sending you this warning.

Registered

I just gave you a warning with "0 " (zero) points. Did you get any kind of warning? There is an option to send a note to the person that I did not use in sending you this warning.
Thanks for the test -- no I got No warning in my "conersations", so I guess if you do NOT send the note, it doesn't.

Thanks for the confirmation though!

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #54 ·

There's no warning when you get a ding. It's possible there's one if you're on your very last chance or something. Shall we ask those who would know?

Administrator
Thanks for the test -- no I got No warning in my "conersations", so I guess if you do NOT send the note, it doesn't.

Thanks for the confirmation though!
I gave you another "0" warning and this time sent you a test message.

Administrator
There's no warning when you get a ding. It's possible there's one if you're on your very last chance or something. Shall we ask those who would know?
Yea, looks like mods need to make sure we send a message. I tried to find a way in the control panel to show the points to a person on their profile (not to other users). Can't find one.

41 - 60 of 80 Posts