Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've been separated for a year and a half. Not divorced yet, but filed. I am WAY over him. But it still bothers me that he has a girlfriend. They have been dating for about 10 months now and are moving in together next month.

Our son just got into a car accident and had to have spine surgery. So my "ex" decides that now is the right time to parade her around in front of me for the first time, in our son's hospital room while he is recovering from surgery. Classy, huh?

The kiddo was ok with it because he knows her, but I was not so much. Although I know it isn't up to me and I have no say so in the matter. I still waited until they left and then excused myself and cried like a baby.

I don't "miss" him, and I certainly DON'T want him back. But that upset me. I want to get over it now. Sigh.... How much longer am I going to be upset by the fact that he has a girlfriend??? It seems silly to be upset by it because I really don't care. :(

·
Banned
411 Posts
Send her a message on facebook saying she looked really cute in her outfit and that you hope to see more of her ;) (include the winky face)

If that won't cause drama, nothing will.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OMG, Shawn! That was hilarious!

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Oh no! Is your son going to be okay?

I agree she has no business going to the hospital to see your son. It's a "family" affair. I think it shows you what kind of person she is - no class.

I would no sooner tag along with my b/f (before he was my H) to see his son after only 10 mos. knowing his ex would be there.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I think it's because you're still married.

But... If I had a long term relationship with someone, then split.. I think it would bother me to see them with someone else. Because I would still think of them as my ex-romance partner.

Just because you don't love him, can't live with him anylonger.. don't want to live with him... does not stop you from the past feelings of your heart. It just doesn't look right that he has someone else.

Also could be a validation of the failed marriage. That just sucks to have it thrown in your face. Even if you don't want him anymore.

·
Registered
16,640 Posts
Although somewhat different, I know that my now STBXW(as husband/wife) and I travelled quite a distance to see my younger son in his high school play. He was living with his mother at the time, and there were still some bad feelings then between me and my ex-wife, but they had been improving.

STBXW meets ExW and belittles her making quite a show by refusing to shake her hand and embarrassing her. I firmly told her that a little diplomacy works wonders and she just basically told me to "stick it," that she'd handle this situation the way she wanted to. I then privately apologized to my ExW for the shoddy way in which she was treated by my STBXW.

At this time, I learned what kind of an uncaring, overbearing, unsympathetic lout that my STBXW truly was, and I should have then seen the handwriting on the wall as to what richly lay in store for me some two years hence!

·
Registered
16,640 Posts
But it does greatly pleasure me to see those out-of-town vacation pics of my unfaithful STBXW with her "lardass" adulterer boyfriend who weighs in at least some 300 lbs., if he weights an ounce. I am just so perplexed that she apparently and severely "traded-down," for someone who probably has a few more dollars than he has pounds.

Hopefully, I won't ever be subjected to social gatherings where I might ever have to bump into them, but I guess that I can be cordial, and say "Hi!" and just ask her where she parked her trailer!

·
Banned
5,402 Posts
It's just hard that he has someone and you don't, that it didn't take him very long to find someone else and you are still married. she didn't belong there, it was inappropriate. I'm sorry.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I didn't cause a scene, I just made it a point to ignore her. I literally had 5 minutes warning, after having JUST woke up and I looked a MESS (I've been here a week now.) She was all "cutesy" and prissy in her done up hair and makeup. I know my ex did it on purpose. He is a serious a-hole......gets his butt on his shoulder and even refuses to speak to me at times. I never can tell when he's going to be decently personable or not. And this is from one minute to the next.

The kiddo is going to be ok, but he's in a lot of pain. :( I've had tons of friends and family come by for support, and no one has come from the STBX side but the girlfriend. My lawyer is going to have a hayday with this at least.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Send her a message on facebook saying she looked really cute in her outfit and that you hope to see more of her ;) (include the winky face)

If that won't cause drama, nothing will.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I didn't cause a scene, I just made it a point to ignore her. I literally had 5 minutes warning, after having JUST woke up and I looked a MESS (I've been here a week now.) She was all "cutesy" and prissy in her done up hair and makeup. I know my ex did it on purpose. He is a serious a-hole......gets his butt on his shoulder and even refuses to speak to me at times. I never can tell when he's going to be decently personable or not. And this is from one minute to the next.

The kiddo is going to be ok, but he's in a lot of pain. :( I've had tons of friends and family come by for support, and no one has come from the STBX side but the girlfriend. My lawyer is going to have a hayday with this at least.

You handled it correctly because she is thrash with low self esteem. It was know need for her to come. She has no say whenever it comes to your child. The child is between you and your stbx. But that is way families run into problems. The ow/gf does not know her place. Plus your H should never had her come. Maybe because she knows he is a cheater, he has to carry her ever place with him.

·
Registered
8 Posts
It's just hard that he has someone and you don't, that it didn't take him very long to find someone else and you are still married. she didn't belong there, it was inappropriate. I'm sorry.
Posted via Mobile Device
:iagree:

Plus IMHO he was already cheating with her anyway.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.