Talk About Marriage banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #21
Thank you jlg07!! I just don't understand why some guys act like they are super excited and out of nowhere they are just not anymore. So confusing. Why ask me out again or why say that we will hang out soon if he's not planning on it? I hate this 馃槥

Registered
So let me clue you in -- most guys are IDIOTS and very immature (I am a guy). Why HE would do this, no idea. He SHOULD have at least pinged you on text to let you know that he's sick (IF that is indeed the case).

The whole ghosting, catfishing, breadcrumming, etc. -- all a REALLY lousy development in our society due to modern communications. Doing ANY of that to someone just shows poor character, and someone you probably really don't want to waste a lot of time on.

This in particular is strange, because you both flirted/etc. for quite a while. Maybe you intimidate him and he thought he was "safe" since he COULDN'T date you then, but now is a afraid of your awesomeness? :)

Registered
Just because you have dated someone one or two times doesn't automatically mean you're a couple and that you are going to *immediately* start seeing each other frequently. Geez the guy has been sick, there's a pandemic going on, and you are supposed to be limiting your contacts.

Registered
Just because you have dated someone one or two times doesn't automatically mean you're a couple and that you are going to *immediately* start seeing each other frequently. Geez the guy has been sick, there's a pandemic going on, and you are supposed to be limiting your contacts.
I agree. Heck, text him and as how he is feeling.

Registered
Nina,

You are analyzing this way to much. It has only been a day or so and you have not heard from him. Sometimes I go a week or two without texting my wife. Does that mean I am ghosting her?

It is possible that he has changed his mind, but everything you have posted has indicated he has interest. So take a deep breadth and let things happen. He has said he is interested in doing something and asked about taking a class together. Everything indicates that he wants to spend time with you.

I have not dated in ages, so my advice might be horrible. But the time frames that you and others on this site talk about seem crazy to me.

Registered
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
I agree. Heck, text him and as how he is feeling.
I appreciate your opinions you all. I already texted him how's he was feeling once and that went well, but that would be weird to keep asking if he's ok, right?

And I don't expect him to treat me as girlfriend, but two days without contact sounds fishy, specially when he canceled the date. Today will be the third day. I really think I'm not overreacting this time haha, but I understand it can sound like that.

Registered
If your girlfriend went on a couple of dates over a week or so and then did not hear from the man for several days would you automatically think that he is not interested?

There are a lot of reasons that you could come up with. Why would that one win out over any other?

Registered
Discussion Starter #28
Actually you are all right. It doesn't seem like a lot of days, but some people tell me it is. I agree I am over analyzing this.
I'll go on a hike with my roommates and forget about this whole thing and if he's still interested he will contact me. I think I've been too intense (I don't show him this though) because he was my crush for a long time and I wanted this so bad. I'll try to focus on myself. It's just that this social distancing and not having my friends around makes it harder.

Administrator
I appreciate your opinions you all. I already texted him how's he was feeling once and that went well, but that would be weird to keep asking if he's ok, right?

And I don't expect him to treat me as girlfriend, but two days without contact sounds fishy, specially when he canceled the date. Today will be the third day. I really think I'm not overreacting this time haha, but I understand it can sound like that.
Don't text him again for now.

He might actually be ill.

You have a cough so you should really be practicing social distancing as well.

Right now things are pretty strange with people being told to practice social distancing. He might be concerned about human contact for a very good reason. I know, he can still text you and use phone & internet to communicate.

Just give him more time. The best way to handle this is for you to go on with your life. If he's interested, he'll be contacting you. If he's not interested, you two were not compatible. It's good to find that out earlier than later.

Registered
Discussion Starter #30
If your girlfriend went on a couple of dates over a week or so and then did not hear from the man for several days would you automatically think that he is not interested?

There are a lot of reasons that you could come up with. Why would that one win out over any other?
Good perspective! I wouldn't automatically assume that.

Premium Member
Actually you are all right. It doesn't seem like a lot of days, but some people tell me it is. I agree I am over analyzing this.
I'll go on a hike with my roommates and forget about this whole thing and if he's still interested he will contact me. I think I've been too intense (I don't show him this though) because he was my crush for a long time and I wanted this so bad. I'll try to focus on myself. It's just that this social distancing and not having my friends around makes it harder.
Yes, and yes.

One of our friends is like this, we call him THRD. He can be very impatient, intense, and overly sensitive.
Oh, especially when he has no RIGHT to be like this.

Lilith-

Registered
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
Oh gosh guys.. please let me know if I'm being annoying to you all, but not dating for 6 years made me too inexperienced with this whole thing.

He texted me last night (I was really surprised!!!) Asking me how I was and that he's doing well, that he is with his family having a good time but is excited to come home and see some people including ME. (omg!!!)

How should I answer this without sounding overly excited? "Hey I'm glad you've got to spend time with your family. Looking forward to see you too" or "I'm glad you are having a good time with them. Excited about seeing you too." Or maybe I just don't comment anything about I'm excited about seeing him too?

He said he's baking bread with his family.. should I jokingly say "bring me some?" Or that's too much?

I'm sorry if this is annoying.

Registered
Discussion Starter #33
But I swear if this second date happens I'll stop bugging you all... 馃榿

Administrator
Oh gosh guys.. please let me know if I'm being annoying to you all, but not dating for 6 years made me too inexperienced with this whole thing.

He texted me last night (I was really surprised!!!) Asking me how I was and that he's doing well, that he is with his family having a good time but is excited to come home and see some people including ME. (omg!!!)

How should I answer this without sounding overly excited? "Hey I'm glad you've got to spend time with your family. Looking forward to see you too" or "I'm glad you are having a good time with them. Excited about seeing you too." Or maybe I just don't comment anything about I'm excited about seeing him too?

He said he's baking bread with his family.. should I jokingly say "bring me some?" Or that's too much?

I'm sorry if this is annoying.
I like the one I underlined.

Registered
Well, I hope things went well. It is hard for everyone right now...and trying to date? You are a force to recon with!!

Just take it easy. Go with the current.
You are just 鈥渄ating casually鈥 right now, so see how things work. Avoid red flags. Take time to get to know each other. Live your own lives and then see if they start growing into each others.

Good luck and stay well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter #37
Hey guys, update... We have been seeing each other and things are working out. I really believe something nice can come out of this. I really like him and he demonstrates the same. Thank you all.

Administrator
Hey guys, update... We have been seeing each other and things are working out. I really believe something nice can come out of this. I really like him and he demonstrates the same. Thank you all.
Very good to hear!!

With all that is going on with COVID-19, stay safe.

Registered
Discussion Starter #39
I just came here to update you all.
He asked me to be his girlfriend last night. Thank you all for advices for the past month. It was something crazy. Best wishes.

Registered
Nina, congratulations! i think it's good that you try to analyze your relationship and the events happening, that's a very a very mature way. I could also reccomend to check compatibility or his personality. I prefer Volikov test, it always gives me a nice insight so i know what the person is like and what to expect. Wish you the most loving relationship!鉂

21 - 40 of 42 Posts