Talk About Marriage banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So guys, I posted on the "new members" index my saga on asking a guy out. People gave me tips and we went out on a date. During the date he mentioned several times that he wanted to do lots of things together. Even joked so many times that "next time" I pick the place because the one we were was super windy.

Here's the timeline...

We flirted for three months (he was my ta so we couldn't do anything)

Thursday - I asked him out.

Sunday - we had an awesome date.

Sunday - He texted after couple hours of dropping me off that he had a nice time. And I texted back saying the same.

Tuesday - After a day he texted me something like stay healthy (because of these trouble times the world has been going through). We texted a little.. he asked what I have been up to.. I answered and we joked a little.

Is it my turn to text him today asking if he's feeling better? (he had a bad cold when we went on the date) I don't wanna come off as desperate. I understand guys like the chase but I don't wanna look that I'm not interested.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Nina, I don't see any issues with you texting him. He obviously liked the date, and seems to like you.
I think checking up to see how he feels is a great idea, and I don't think it would put him off or make you seem desperate.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you Jlg07!! I texted him and he texted back in less than a minute 🙂 and we've been talking.. I'll stop overthinking this. Thank you again.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Awesome -- keeping and working on communication is KEY to any relationship! Really glad it is working out for you! Best of luck!

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I agree. Text him again. But wait for him to ask you out on another date. Continue to date/talk to other people, and if he pursues you he pursues you, if he doesn’t you didn’t wast any time.

·
Premium Member
7,450 Posts
thank you Jlg07!! I texted him and he texted back in less than a minute 🙂 and we've been talking.. I'll stop overthinking this. Thank you again.
Piece of advice to avoid looking desperate. Do not talk about how you feel about him, as in "Gee, I like you so much!" Do compliment the things you like about him, as in, "You're so good at that!" This makes a person feel good in your presence without you putting any pressure on them about your feelings.

·
Administrator
42,549 Posts
Are people where you live doing social distancing because of COVID-19?

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Awesome. If he is still down with the cold offer some chicken soup. No kidding, it apparently works miracles in relationships as well. My son really took to cooking. (Just like the old man, it was my primary means of seduction when I was much younger.) Apparently he was just casually dating his now girlfriend, when she came down with a head cold. He offered to make soup for her. She thought, yeah, just from a can. Not my kid. Nope, Dad taught him stock from the bones, with a mirpoix, and he puts in several slashed cloves of garlic. Needless to say, he shows up at her apartment with a pot of soup, some noodles, and now she is his girlfriend.

Even with social distancing, the act of making food for one another is one of the strongest ways of attracting a mate. Did I ever tell the story about me and high school home ec? Big guy in high school. Never wanted for dates, though. Signed up for gr 11 home ec. Easy A, and I was a ringer. I had learned to cook when I was 8. Mom went to work, and big bro and I mastered everything we laid our eyes on. So, while the rest of the class was doing a basic sauce, I forgot myself, and was doing a chiffonade of fresh basil when the teacher stopped, looked, and pulled me out of class. "Why are you here ? was her first question. I was honest. How else am I going to let the girls in the class know what I can do in a kitchen. She was nice about it. I would continue to the end of term, then not ever take her class again. So while she is talking, I have thai basil, chili, garlic and a thinly sliced chicken breast in a pan. two or three girls just started wandering over to my station. I had my dance card filled. Not bad.

PLUS, no cafeteria (ugh) lunches for a whole semester.

·
Registered
175 Posts
There really is no hard rule of thumb on this. A short text every other day should suffice as far as letting them know you are still interested.
Some people text a lot, some do not. To some you'll come off as desperate if you text frequently, with others that is what they want.
You really just have to feel your way out.
The way you describe it/him he seems quite interested.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Some people text a lot, some do not. To some you'll come off as desperate if you text frequently, with others that is what they want.
You really just have to feel your way out.
The way you describe it/him he seems quite interested.
^^^^Exactly, just be yourself. Don't worry about every text or call before you make them/answer them.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So guys, it was good while it lasted lol

So, yesterday we talked a lot.. he asked if I was in town and I said yes, and then he asked if he could see me this week and I said yes, and he said his schedule was super open now that classes were over, then I said that mine was too, so we agreed to see each other today. But because of social distancing there's nowhere to go so I said that he could come over and we would figure out, but I told him this was not a hook up invite. So then he said that he appreciated me being upfront but he wasn't looking for a hook up either, and that our plan sounded great! It's already 5pm and i haven't heard from him. So I believe he flaked 😞

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey guys, so...
Timeline...

We flirt for three months

I ask him out.

He seems all excited and plans the perfect date.

He mentions several times during the date we will see each other again. He makes plans. He keeps gazing into my eyes. We kissed. He was pretty sick during the date, his voice was even sounding funny.

After the date he texts me saying he had a great time.

After a day he texts me good morning. We talk and joke a bit.

After a day I text him asking if he's feeling better.
He answers me and asks me out on a date. We are doing social distancing (specially because he's pretty sick) and I say he can come over but this is not a hook up invite. He says he's not looking for it either and is excited about hanging out.

On the day of the date he texts me if 8pm is ok and I say yes. Later on he texts me saying his roommates said it's probably better if he stays home and play it safe before hanging out again so he won't spread his flu (not sure if he's got Corona but I wouldn't rule that out because we are in Seattle). By the way, I have been coughing like crazy too, so I probably got something from him on the first date (he doesn't know though).

He was all apologetic on canceling the date and said "I will hang with you soon ☺". I said "no worries, I just hope you get better". And we talk and joke for a bit.

It has been two days and we haven't texted. So I believe he's ghosting. When a guy is really interested on a girl he wouldn't spend days with no communication. I posted Instagram stories and he watched it today. It's fine. I'm heart broke but I'll get over this. I hope the both of us don't have the coronavirus though.

Thank you all!

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Sorry Nina, that's a shame, BUT if he has the flu, he could be REALLY sick (I DO admit the watching your Instagram may belie that fact).
You'll find somebody for you!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts