Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And embarrassed my wife. (No i wasn't drinking) Not sure my wife will ever get over that one. I called the people I said it in front of and apologized. I have apologized over and over to her. She is so pissed. I hate it especially because her and I were just really reconnecting after a rough patch. I'm so stupid! Ugh!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went to a multi level marketing event that she is involved in. At the end, people are smoozing and we met with her two up mentors and the leader. And intros were done and the head guy asked me did I get anything out of the conference and I just "Nothing really." ...which was the truth. ...they sort of laughed it off snd that was it....but my wife was so mad...and still is.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
She thought I was rude and it definitely came out that way. She was embarrassed because this was he first event related to this stuff and I let her down.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We had been fighting a lot and it spilled over into our finances and sex life. We have been doing so much better and working together better on all fronts. This is definitely a set back.

·
Registered
191 Posts
the head guy asked me did I get anything out of the conference and I just "Nothing really." ...which was the truth. ...they sort of laughed it off snd that was it.....
Is this the whole story? On the off-chance they should say something to your wife, she can say you just have a dry sense of humor or something along those lines. Them "laughing it off" seems like they were probably thinking that anyway. I wouldn't cal what you did "acting like an ass"...did you do more??

·
Registered
191 Posts
well "water under the bridge" I guess. You need to think about WHY you acted that way. Are you jealous of her job, her relationships at the job...something else? At least then you can give some sort of honest explanation to your wife...not that it justifies it..but then at least you two can discuss it and she can feel confident that nothing like that will happen again.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well "water under the bridge" I guess. You need to think about WHY you acted that way. Are you jealous of her job, her relationships at the job...something else? At least then you can give some sort of honest explanation to your wife...not that it justifies it..but then at least you two can discuss it and she can feel confident that nothing like that will happen again.
Actually I was completely honest in my response. I don't like the multi level marketing concept or really sales in general. And these people were really stupid. I would rather be poor.

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts
Cavenger said: And intros were done and the head guy asked me did I get anything out of the conference and I just "Nothing really." ...which was the truth. ...they sort of laughed it off snd that was it....but my wife was so mad...and still is.
You apologized, they laughed....sorry, your wife is being totally unreasonable in this...she needs to chalk this one up & say ....."my husband was an ass that day"- and laugh it off, I mean really...

We ALL do some dumb things in a moment... If everyone around us held all this crap over our heads, none of us would be smiling...we'd all be like this...:(:mad::(:mad::(:mad:.

You've already apologized to her and everyone else...It's on her now to come to her senses. I'm sure you have let her know you'd never allow that to happen again....Forgiveness on her end is all that is left.

·
Premium Member
15,063 Posts
:scratchhead:

Oh hell if I was you I would tell your wife to get over it. You were honest, and hell it could even seen as just a joke to her colleagues, and if not they need the critic anyways.

I agree with the others here, although I do not believe you should be apologising unless it's obvious people took offense to your comment - which they DIDN'T (hence I'm :scratchhead: over why your wife is making such a big deal over it)

Oh hell just tell her to get over it and she can be p-ssed all over nothing if she likes. Sheez

·
Registered
191 Posts
Actually I was completely honest in my response. I don't like the multi level marketing concept or really sales in general. And these people were really stupid. I would rather be poor.
considering what you said above, I get the feeling your apology probably came off as less then sincere.;)

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
You admitted that you had behaved like an ass, apologized for it and made amends by contacting others who were present. You can't do more, other than learn from it. There's a time and place for speaking your mind, and doing so at your W's work event just wasn't one of them.

Your W needs to let it go.

Reactions: d4life

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You admitted that you had behaved like an ass, apologized for it and made amends by contacting others who were present. You can't do more, other than learn from it. There's a time and place for speaking your mind, and doing so at your W's work event just wasn't one of them.

Your W needs to let it go.
I know. ..I just have to pay the price.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.