Talk About Marriage banner
421 - 440 of 498 Posts

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
I have to assume neither you or @TexasMom1216 have been drunk enough to be impaired. Otherwise you would realize that people can do unexpected and stupid **** when they are drunk. It seems like some are refusing to recognize that fact. If drinking doesn't have an effect on your judgement, inhibitions, etc. why are their so many dangerous things you should avoid while drinking?

This really comes down to my first take on all of this. Married people shouldn't be acting like single people.
Have you ever been drunk enough?

That asked. I can relate that I have, on a significant number of occasions, and I got the t-shirt over and over again.

Yet through all of that I have never cheated on any sexual partners of mine, simply because I didn't want to cheat on them so chose not to.

It's also worth remembering that if someone has lost complete control of themselves, then they are most certainly not capable of sharing consensual sex. Which makes it something other than cheating.

·
Premium Member
15,691 Posts
I'm sure big beefy muscle men with good taste in music and pretty eyes went to concerts and out to watch bands. We'd have made it work.
I knew one and still know him a little but he was married back then but I think they did some swinging. I think he's remarried now. Most of those guys in my old crowd were pretty lean, and that's how I like them and that's how all my friends like em. We would have made it work.

·
Premium Member
3,999 Posts
Over 30 years and I've never cheated, nor ever had even the smallest desire to do so. I believe I can say the same for my wife. Thankfully this topic is all academic for me anyway. Neither my wife nor I have ever wanted to go out and do something the other didn't feel comfortable with. We do the vast majority of everything together anyway and when we are doing things solo we are with other people that are friends of the marriage and of like minds. That said I've done and seen enough stupid **** that occurs while drunk that I don't feel like anyone can rule something out with 100% certainty. I'll continue to keep myself out of situations that are high risk if I encounter them.

Can we all at least agree that going on a GNO and taking your wedding rings off for the purpose of getting free drinks from dumb and horny guys is not good behavior for a married person?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #427 ·
You probably don’t wear your sexiest dress out either. Not saying some GNO stuff is totally innocent, just saying there’s a bunch that is not. A lot. That’s why it’s so common on here for GMO stuff to result in cheating. And I don’t think it’s an accident. They’re secretly hoping Prince Charming comes along.
I think women that cheat at s as GNO were not happy in their marriage. I think that if it weren’t that event it would be something else. Worked at a lot of places and met a lot of women. Never went out with women looking to cheat. I think the marriage was on rocky ground to start with. Reasonable people don’t just cheat.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
I think women that cheat at s as GNO were not happy in their marriage. I think that if it weren’t that event it would be something else. Worked at a lot of places and met a lot of women. Never went out with women looking to cheat. I think the marriage was on rocky ground to start with. Reasonable people don’t just cheat.
Some women just want to sample strange, same for some men. There are many, many stories where a girl is happy in her marriage, loves spouse, goes on GNO and tells hubby, too drunk gonna stay at friends. Leave bar with Chad or Tyrone and go to friends for exciting night of debauchery. It was all about the excitement. They swear they have only loved their hubby, don't know why they have been taking randoms to friends for sex all these months. It was the drug from the excitement that did them in.

Read story where guy woke up next morning and wife not home. Snow was deep and she not answered text. He got in the SUV and drove to pick up wife at friends. Door open so he goes to bedroom where she is naked laying snuggled up to some guy in the bed. He beats guys azz and his buddy that was screwing the single friend takes buddy to hospital. Hubby tells her to git in vehicle or she will be left there. They get in wreck, wake up in hospital.

He gets out and tells everyone what happened. She lives with parents after her hospital stay. He has the kids at home while they visit mom at grandmother's. Divorce proceeds while she says she never loved those other men, it was only sex.

·
Registered
10,460 Posts
Have you ever been drunk enough?

That asked. I can relate that I have, on a significant number of occasions, and I got the t-shirt over and over again.

Yet through all of that I have never cheated on any sexual partners of mine, simply because I didn't want to cheat on them so chose not to.

It's also worth remembering that if someone has lost complete control of themselves, then they are most certainly not capable of sharing consensual sex. Which makes it something other than cheating.
Hahaha....
Yep.

I don't drink near as much now though. But time to time still, with long time friends when we're in a no driving get together.

·
Registered
10,460 Posts
Most high status men are man-sluts. They have as much sex as they want and can usually take a woman home with him any time he wants.
Is outrage your only emotion?
It is pretty much true. Now to be clear I'm not a gazillionaire but do quite well.

But I drew the line after M. Now I'm still that guy, but a one woman man-****.🤣🤣🤣🤣

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
I'm not saying every woman a high status man brings home for the night is a 10.
My point is just because a man is high status, does not mean he is going to go around sleeping with as many woman as he can. I think guys get that idea because they think if they could they would. Some guys are man-sluts, but there are plenty of high status men who do not cheat or sleep with random women just because they can, being high status does not remove morals and integrity.

·
Registered
10,460 Posts

·
Registered
9,552 Posts
I think there is a large portion of the population of men and women that are never satisfied no matter what and are always susceptible to other’s attention. Chronic discontents.

lots of people go out and have fun with their friends and it never crosses their minds to cheat. However, going out with the girls past 9 or so at bars or clubs….. not cool to me. If you want to go out and go to a concert, I would think my lady would want to be with me.

421 - 440 of 498 Posts