Talk About Marriage banner
1 - 20 of 498 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After the heated GNO threads, I have a question. If you’re married and opposed to GNO, does any of your opinion have to do with the possibility that perhaps you were either single or married and had a fling with a married wonan? Lots of “women can’t control themselves around men”. So being a man, did you engage in what you’re railing about women doing? Because I’m not hideous, but I still never banged a stranger at GNO nor do I know anyone who did. It’s insulting to here if a woman has a conversation with a man hormones kick in and they can’t resist. What the actual? Sick of the @ man just has to look at her and she’s in the sack” crap.

·
Administrator
48,441 Posts
After the heated GNO threads, I have a question. If you’re married and opposed to GNO, does any of your opinion have to do with the possibility that perhaps you were either single or married and had a fling with a married wonan? Lots of “women can’t control themselves around men”. So being a man, did you engage in what you’re railing about women doing? Because I’m not hideous, but I still never banged a stranger at GNO nor do I know anyone who did.
Did someone actually post that? Or is it your interpretation of what's being said?

Ok.... here's the post the OP is talking about.....

Many women can't resist the dopamine that male attention provides. That drug will make them do things that provide more of said drug (it can go both ways, men like it too).

That said, most married women know when to put up the hand, when needed. And sometimes their husbands are beneficiaries of them getting some attention in public - they go home and are ready for action.

In this case, who knows. Maybe she did it for the dopamine, and it's harmless. Maybe she actually wants to get laid. You won't know unless she has an affair and it gets out.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When I go out with girls we play bingo at the bar. Men are there. Some maybe make small talk. Never met any cougars who go to dance clubs intent on cheating. It seems so cliche. Good looking women can dress up and have a drink without looking for a hook up. It’s not going out, it’s the lack of character. Good women don’t switch to cheat mode when they go out. Women who cheat were always trash.

·
Administrator
48,441 Posts
More than one man posted women can’t resist male attention and dopamine makes them cheat
Gees, what stupid comments. What thread was this?

It is true that dopamine plays a role in cheating as 'falling in love' increases the production and uptake of dopamine, oxytocin, and other feel-good hormones. But it works that way for both men and women.

·
Registered
454 Posts
After the heated GNO threads, I have a question. If you’re married and opposed to GNO, does any of your opinion have to do with the possibility that perhaps you were either single or married and had a fling with a married wonan? Lots of “women can’t control themselves around men”. So being a man, did you engage in what you’re railing about women doing? Because I’m not hideous, but I still never banged a stranger at GNO nor do I know anyone who did. It’s insulting to here if a woman has a conversation with a man hormones kick in and they can’t resist. What the actual? Sick of the @ man just has to look at her and she’s in the sack” crap.
For me, it's about preventing temptation by not putting yourself in a position where you might be tempted.
One never knows when any dissatisfaction in marriage, along with your hormones, along with the idea that you'll do it just once, along with all the possible intangibles might intersect to lead one to have a one night stand that you have to apologize for or live with the guilt that you made your marriage a lie.

It's not about GNO, but the type of GNO that you intend to have.
If you're going out with other mature spouses to married type of GNO, that's fine.
My position is for both spouses, not just the wife or husband.

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
Unless the night out involves a stripper, etc., or the attending spouse has a history of related infidelity or similar risky behavior, I don't think there is anything wrong with GNO, BNO, bachelor parties, or bachelorette parties. I also don't think women (or men) will drop their drawers just because they are without their spouse - that's ridiculous.

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
......If you’re married and opposed to GNO, does any of your opinion have to do with the possibility that perhaps you were either single or married and had a fling with a married wonan? Lots of “women can’t control themselves around men”. So being a man, did you engage in what you’re railing about women doing? Because I’m not hideous, but I still never banged a stranger at GNO nor do I know anyone who did. It’s insulting to here if a woman has a conversation with a man hormones kick in and they can’t resist. What the actual? Sick of the @ man just has to look at her and she’s in the sack” crap.
First, I don't think that GNO is a good idea. I have no problem with my wife meeting other women for coffee or lunch. I think that alcohol and going out at night is a slippery slope. I trust my wife, but all marriages have their ups and downs. I don't think that GNO where there is drinking (alcohol is an inhibition reducing agent) is a good idea for married people.

As a married man I have never had sex with anyone other my wife. Before, I was married, I did not have sex with any married woman and probably would not have.

It has to do with respect for your spouse, or the other person that you are in a relationship.
Same thing with BNO's, Bachelor parties, and Bachelorette parties.
With the possible exception of my 72 year old wife chaperoning my grand daughter's bachelorette party in a decade, I don't want my wife attending Bachelorette parties. I also did not have a Bachelor party prior to my wedding. I think that they are bad ideas where peer pressure can cause people to make major mistakes, especially if alcohol and semi-naked strippers of the opposite sex are involved.

·
Administrator
48,441 Posts
I suppose it might depend.

I had a lot of adventures when I was younger. I never intentionally messed around with a taken woman, married or otherwise but many of them were interested in messing around with me.
Yep, and same situation in reverse here. There are some people who will cheat and some who won't.

·
Administrator
48,441 Posts
First, I don't think that GNO is a good idea. I have no problem with my wife meeting other women for coffee or lunch. I think that alcohol and going out at night is a slippery slope. I trust my wife, but all marriages have their ups and downs. I don't think that GNO where there is drinking (alcohol is an inhibition reducing agent) is a good idea for married people.

As a married man I have never had sex with anyone other my wife. Before, I was married, I did not have sex with any married woman and probably would not have.

With the possible exception of my 72 year old wife chaperoning my grand daughter's bachelorette party in a decade, I don't want my wife attending Bachelorette parties. I also did not have a Bachelor party prior to my wedding. I think that they are bad ideas where peer pressure can cause people to make major mistakes, especially if alcohol and semi-naked strippers of the opposite sex are involved.
Not all bachelorette parties have semi-naked strippers of the opposite sex or anything else like that. I've been to several and they were simply the female friends and family of the bride going out for dinner and spending time together.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I suppose it might depend.

I had a lot of adventures when I was younger. I never intentionally messed around with a taken woman, married or otherwise but many of them were interested in messing around with me.
Never after being married with the wanton women who hit on you when you’re with your wife and kid?

·
Registered
21,556 Posts
Yep, and same situation in reverse here. There are some people who will cheat and some who won't.
A couple of the cases were a little weird though.

It was like the women, both young (early twenties) got caught up in the excitement and were definitely emotionally messed up the next day. Neither one I'm thinking about was drunk. They both just got excited to be out partying, dancing, etc. with me and definitely crossed some lines their SO's wouldn't approve of.

One lady messed up her engagement and probably would have latched onto me if I was interested and the other didn't trust herself to see me anymore and I'm not sure she even went out afterwards.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
A couple of the cases were a little weird though.

It was like the women, both young (early twenties) got caught up in the excitement and were definitely emotionally messed up the next day. Neither one I'm thinking about was drunk. They both just got excited to be out partying, dancing, etc. with me and definitely crossed some lines their SO's wouldn't approve of.

One lady messed up her engagement and probably would have latched onto me if I was interested and the other didn't trust herself to see me anymore and I'm not sure she even went out afterwards.
So she stopped dating beacause you were too much?

·
Administrator
48,441 Posts
The thing is that if a person wants to cheat, they sure don't need a GNO/BNO to do it. My son's father, the MD, had no problem finding nurses at the hospital to carry on with.

1 - 20 of 498 Posts