Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
10,221 Posts
Working at the frozen yogurt place when I was 17. omg. My manager was ALWAYS smiling and happy. Ridiculously happy, and he wanted us the same way. Had to mop the floor every 10 minutes...NO FOOTPRINTS! :lol: And cleaning out the yogurt machines was NASTY. Holy yuck!!

·
Registered
723 Posts
Rental property manager. Did it for nearly 10 years & my dislike for the job never went away.
The only time anyone ever contacts you is to complain. The owners don't want to spend money & want to blame the tenant for anything that needs fixing or updating. The tenants want the cheapest place they can get & then expect it to be kitted out like a royal palace.
The neighbours complain if the tenants sneeze too much. Never ending complaints & I have to be a referee all day long. Never again. I realised it was time to leave when I told one of my tenants she was doing my head in.
I am soon starting study to be an accountant & while I am waiting to do that, I am working 15-20 hours a week cleaning halls & vacant properties, far less stressful than property management.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Worked in the lock up unit of a psych. ward for a year in college. Dropped out of nursing school because of it. That was some kind of cray-cray!

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Cleaning out a decommissioned nuclear reactor when the normal staff was already over their annual rem limit.

Worked in a plating factory with prussic acid.

Worked in a scrap metal sorting yard.

liquid storage tank welder (on the inside).

Pushing livestock onto trucks bound for slaughter.

Asbestos removal.

·
Registered
10,214 Posts
Plumbing apprentice.
As a part time job while I was in high school.
Literally had to deal in and with s#it !

Had lots of * offers * while doing that job too.......

Quite interesting what you could fine in a sewer line choking it.

However I rose quickly to supervisor level in the company.
My uncle owned the company,
And promoted me when I started studying Mechanical Engineering.

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
I picked a strawberries one summer for some cash. You have no idea. That sucked butt.

I was also a housekeeper in a hotel. During hunting season one year, some nasty ass field dressed a deer in the damn tub! :eek: I totally

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Worked as a motel maid. :eek: The things I found cleaning up those rooms!
Yes definately, I have done holiday apartment cleaning as a second job, mostly what I found was that people on holidays were pigs & let their kids trash the units.
I picked a strawberries one summer for some cash. You have no idea. That sucked butt.

I was also a housekeeper in a hotel. During hunting season one year, some nasty ass field dressed a deer in the damn tub! :eek: I totally
Eww! I found a gun under a pillow once; who the heck forgets something like that. I'm too embarrassed to tell you some of the other things I found. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Worked as a bookkeeper right out of college for a tire store. I had no idea what a jerk the owner was. His grown son and daughter were even worse! They always went around talking about what outstanding Christians they were. Yet, they treated the employees like dirt and fleeced the customers. Saying the owner was obnoxious would be an understatement! I quit after a month.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.