Talk About Marriage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anything wrong with using isopropyl alcohol as had sanitizer? Actual sanitizer is sometimes tough to find, but we have plenty of 70% alcohol on the shelves around here. I see the Internet shows how to make sanitizer, which includes mixing alcohol with something. Can’t I just use straight alcohol?

·
Banned
4,429 Posts
Its perfectly fine to bathe in it. Its also good for cocktails. Slip a bit in a babies bottle to make sure they are immune to the covid.

·
Registered
423 Posts
You can, but it is somewhat harsh by itself.
At the beginning of the current mess, when there was no hand sanitizer to be found, Mrs. Tdbo found a recipe for homemade hand sanitizer:

We actually like it better than the the premade.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
We actually like it better than the the premade.
Agree.

Who knows what's in the commercial stuff. Particularly if it's from China.

A few years ago, I had an illuminating conversation with a chemical engineer. He didn't allow his wife to wear any make up that he didn't see the ingredient list for. What they add to cosmetics is NASTY! The more you know about what you're putting on your skin, or in your lungs, etc, the better.

Keep the ingredients simple and clean.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
I'm seeing lots of hand sanitizer available in my area again. Ask at the drug store counter as when it first came back to this area all the local drugstores kept it behind the counter so they could easily limit sales of it. If you can't find any I'd be happy to send you some if you need it as there is plenty of it here now. They aren't even limiting sales of it anymore.

·
Registered
194 Posts
After buying 91% I found out that is too strong and evaporates too fast to use as sanitizer, but 60-70 is perfect and stays on long enough to get through the outer shell of the molecule and kill the virus within. Sorry no source, it was a couple weeks ago I found that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts