Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's late, can't sleep and HBO is replaying 2012's induction. Among them, Beastie Boys, Red Hot Chili Peppers and Guns and Roses. Can I just say, when did three bands who sampled music from every other genre become worthy of induction? The way they tell it, they invented it. Don't get me wrong, I love those bands however the band Rush has been overlooked for years.
They have the best drummer in the world and one of the best guitarists and yet get passed over. Sales wise, they are 3rd behind The Beatles and The Rolling Stones. They have 24 Gold albums, 14 platinum and 3 triple platinum. A band that has been together for 35 years, produced countless albums and was political long before Bono made it popular. How are they not in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?! I dare anybody to name a drummer better than Neil Pert. Lifeson is a hell of a guitarist as well. Why is this band not in the hall?!!

·
Registered
13,841 Posts
I'm not a huge fan, HS friend was, but I do respect them as musicians and performers. The absolute best shows I ever saw were Rush 3 nights in a row at Radio City in the early to mid 80's.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Geddy Lee, Alex Lifeson, Neil Peart, all three of them are masters of the art. Neil is the very reason I became a drummer.

Reactions: southern wife

·
Registered
6,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Geddy Lee, Alex Lifeson, Neil Peart, all three of them are masters of the art. Neil is the very reason I became a drummer.
Exactly. Many don't like Geddy's voice and that's okay but the fact that they have never even been nominated blows me away. How in the world is this even possible? Nevermind that year after year Peart is named as the best drummer in the world by his own peers!

·
Banned
0 Posts
I side with you guys, on this one.
First of all, I'm sorry but Beastie Boys isn't a rock and roll band. I guess the three main members being rappers should have put the hint to the committee but hey, they're the rock and roll experts not me.

RUSH is underrated, period. I think that the other artists present in the hall of fame should be proud that they'll finally share something in common with that band if they get introduced one day.

The music industry and this kind of ceremonies is just bull**** to me.

·
Banned
0 Posts
I agree with you, and I'm shocked that Rush is not in the HOF. Going by some of the acts that got in, it's not a terribly exclusive club.

I like to argue, so I'll go with Bonham instead.:p
I don't think there can be a drummer better than Neil Peart. Along with Bonham, Keith Moon and Mike Portnoy before he stopped drinking.

·
Premium Member
25,140 Posts
I agree with you, and I'm shocked that Rush is not in the HOF. Going by some of the acts that got in, it's not a terribly exclusive club.

I like to argue, so I'll go with Bonham instead.:p
I give both NP and Bonham their due, both awesome drummers. I am biased toward jazz drummers and this guy is one of the better ones out there.

tony royster jr,'s solo drum sacheon percussion festival2 - YouTube

Just so I am not jacking this thread... Yes I agree, Rush should be there but there are others: Moody Blues, Yes, King Crimson and even Cheap Trick to name a few that are very deserving but for some reason have been overlooked... why, who knows what these people are thinking.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.