Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking for some general thoughts here.

How long were you in your relationship before you told them how you felt about them? I know we can show our partners we care via our actions, but do you believe that saying how we feel is just as important?

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts
Husband & me met very young...in our teens, a few months he probably told me he loved me... I felt it from the get go in how he treated me, looked at me, was there for me. I love that he is one who didn't try to hold back... or a game player.

He was just who he was, simple and true.

I do feel it is important to express how you feel. But none of us want these precious moments to be brushed off or not returned in their feeling it too.

If your significant other has a history of running from relationships that get "too close", the Vulnerable freaks them out... this is more tricky....or you question how they feel in return... not getting the emotional feedback in their body language/ looks/ actions...might be best to wait... depends..

Not good to rush in and speak things that you may want to take back later either.

Seen this happen to my GF... Her BF rushed in with the "I love you's" too quickly only for her to be more hurt/reeling ...not long after when it wasn't working out, a breakup...she kept saying "WHY WHY, he told me he loved me"...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.