Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When your spouse went NC, even if it was their idea, do you ever wonder if they feel they "can't" have the AP back, even if they say they can?

Like, they act like it was all them and maybe it was but truly in their heart think the AP would not have them back and returned to the marriage?

Does anyone ever think/feel that way?

·
Premium Member
1,966 Posts
I'm not sure what you are getting at. Can you explain yourself a bit better please.

When my H finished his A he could have definitely had her back. She begged him and hassled him for about 2 weeks. The point was he didn't want her back. He'd made his choice and he made it before I agreed to have him back.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
237 Posts
When your spouse went NC, even if it was their idea, do you ever wonder if they feel they "can't" have the AP back, even if they say they can?

Like, they act like it was all them and maybe it was but truly in their heart think the AP would not have them back and returned to the marriage?

In my case my ww and her op were exposed and his fiance clamped down on him. I find it doubtful that she could of had him even if she wanted. He made his choice and it was not her.

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts

The only time I would want to be someone's choice is the day I said "I Do". If at any point in time my wife felt the need to make that choice again because she met someone else, she can have that person and get the hell out. Naturally, I hope I would have the opportunity to learn about her "alienation of affections" before it becomes physical; I would want the chance to fight for her. But once either the physical line is crossed OR she feels that she would have to make a "Him or Me" decision, I'll make it easy for her, she can have him (and the hell I would put her through once she is gone).

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not sure what you are getting at. Can you explain yourself a bit better please.

When my H finished his A he could have definitely had her back. She begged him and hassled him for about 2 weeks. The point was he didn't want her back. He'd made his choice and he made it before I agreed to have him back.
Posted via Mobile Device
I will use your situation as an example to clarify.

During the 2 weeks he kept rejecting her and made his choice to work things out with you, he may have alienated his AP to the point where he couldn't go back because he pushed her too far. So if even though he did the right thing, he may know in his heart he couldn't go back afterwards. And so just settled back into the marriage and (we) BS's think our WS's honestly is around because they want to be there and not because they blew their chance during the D-day aftershocks, which lasts months on end.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.