Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
19,381 Posts
Hello, guys. I'm new here and everything in this post is resonating with me as well. I am a nice guy who failed at a first marriage because I let the ex-wife treat me like a doormat. Now, I'm remarried and I don't want to go down that road again. I'm definitely gonna check out the NMMNG book and see if it can help me maintain my current marriage better. Shades of my old behavior patterns are creeping in and I've even noticed wife urging me to be more of a man. Hell, I've even told wifey things like "Sometimes I feel like I don't deserve you." Seems like I'll have to do some digging to find the root cause of this behavior.
Mambo,

Welcome aboard.

While you wait for the book, here's a few links you'll find worthwhile.

http://talkaboutmarriage.com/mens-clubhouse/18181-man-up-nice-guy-reference.html

I wish you well.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Hello, guys. I'm new here and everything in this post is resonating with me as well. I am a nice guy who failed at a first marriage because I let the ex-wife treat me like a doormat. Now, I'm remarried and I don't want to go down that road again. I'm definitely gonna check out the NMMNG book and see if it can help me maintain my current marriage better. Shades of my old behavior patterns are creeping in and I've even noticed wife urging me to be more of a man. Hell, I've even told wifey things like "Sometimes I feel like I don't deserve you." Seems like I'll have to do some digging to find the root cause of this behavior.
AS a woman... I will tell ya, alpha or not, saying that sometimes you feel like you don't deserve her is good thing to say in a good moment. To me anyway, it is a beautiful compliment, but one that should be used sparingly ;)

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.