Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Relationship Recovery by Rachel Rider is Repackaged information

6K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Kenneth24 
#1 · (Edited)
I was very disappointed today to learn that Relationship Recovery Ebook by Rackel Rider is simply repackaged information of other people's books and hard work.

They claim they are offering new information but they simply took information from several books and called it their own.

It isn't worth the time of day and is very disappointing.

This book is downright stealing and a violation of copyright laws and intellectual property.

I am now convinced that most of these authors who put out several books per year are actually internet marketers and not real marriage experts. It's all about affiliate marketing.

Even their testimonials are fake and their book reviews were written by affiliate marketers trying to make a buck or two off persons experiencing serious problems.

Well, they will never get my money again.

#2 · (Edited)
Hi Kenneth,

Interesting comments you make. I happen to know Rachel Rider and I can assure you that any assertions you make about her work being taken from others or being plagiarised is incorrect. In fact, making such unfounded allegations would be considered defamatory wouldn't it?

Rachel is a professional writer and counselor who has been working in the industry for over 15 years, and in addition to her expertise, she worked alongside clinical psychologist Richard Wheeler, a counseling professional who has counseled in the industry for over 25 years. To write off such length of experience in one sweeping lie suggests you know little about the author or the product.

I note with interest your comment "Even their testimonials are fake..." Rachel doesn't have ANY testimonials on her website, which really brings the integrity of your comments and indeed your own integrity into question.

Perhaps you aren't familiar with affiliate marketing Kenneth? Even this forum website has affiliate links, you only have to take a look at the promotional banners to the right of this page. They are affiliate links too!

I have actually purchased Rachel's course and can testify that it's a great read. 190 pages of marriage-saving tips, an extra bonus book, and a bonus interview with Melody Chase and Dr Rob Bilton, all for $37 bucks. That's a heck of a lot less than marriage counseling would have cost me!

You only have to see the very high caliber of Meet Your Sweet's books to see that the courses are well researched, well written, and well designed. They are some of the best relationships books I have ever read.

If you didn't like Rachel's course, that's cool Kenneth, but be careful when telling lies about it. A quick look at her website shows that much of what you say is incorrect.

#3 · (Edited)
Hi AndyPandy,

Thanks for your response, but how do I know you are not Rachel Rider or one of her affiliate marketers.

After reading your comement I decided to do additional research on your comments regarding her credentials. Well, there are many Rachel Riders out there, even one who is a "Professional Copyrighter" but none who is a professional marriage counselor, well up to the time of posting this comment.

The testimonials I spoke about were those by "Affiliate Marketers" pretending to be actual customers.

I didn't want to respond but as an actual customer who purchased her ebook and an avid reader of several marriage books and ebooks with an aim to strengthen my marriage, I am grossly disappointed and downright fed up with "Professional Writers" and "Internet Marketers" pretending to be marriage counselors. Nothing is worng with being an internet marketer or affiliate marketer but something is wrong with someone pretending to be something they are not.

They are actually taking advantage of the hurting and vulnerable and that is NOT OKAY.

It is also NOT OKAY to say you are a counseling professional when you are not and it is NOT OKAY to steal other's information and pass it off as your own.

We sometimes feel we can get away with anything online, but it is time consumers make it known that we will not spend our money on information that will not make a difference in our marriages, especially in this difficult economic time.

You said spending $37 is a lot less than marriage counseling; however, the aim of getting help is not about getting a lot of stuff for less or getting a deal; it is about finding information that really works. I would prefer to spend $500 on marriage counseling that will help me in my marriage than wasting $37 on a repackaged ebook.

There are many genuine marriage professionals out there, as we can see from even this forum and I hope others who are hurting in their marriages will be able to seek out the genuine ones from those who are simply in this for a buck or two.

Thanks

Kenneth

#4 ·
Thanks for your comments Kenneth, but how do I know you aren't one of her competitors?

You still haven't qualified the statements you made in your first post. Plagiarism is a very serious allegation, and making allegations like that without proof is considered libel or written defamation. Making statements like that without proof is very foolish!

I completely understand that there are a lot of unscrupulous marketers out there passing themselves off as experts, but in my experience the books published by Rachel Rider and the company she works for are some of the best I have purchased.

Like you, I was a lost soul seeking meaningful and effective marriage advice and many times I have purchased courses only to find them to be 20-30 page, double spaced, worthless diatribes ghost-written in very poor English by someone in India that gives little information on how to really save marriages.

Rachel Rider's course is not like that at all! Her book is 190 pages, well written, has lots of great information for couples and singles looking to fix their relationships, and has additional bonus interviews and books, all for a lot less than I have paid for other courses.

I'm not sure if Rachel's professional credentials are published online, but I have a Masters degree in Commerce and I've never seen that published online either! Does the fact that you can't find her credentials online prove that she's fake? I fail to see the link here.

I still don't understand the relevance of your comments about testimonials. There aren't any testimonials on the Relationship Recovery website!

There are many genuine counseling professionals out there, and many good quality courses. I consider Relationship Recovery to be one of them.

It is okay to not like the product or feel it's not helpful to your marriage.

It's NOT OKAY to make allegations of plagiarism without proof. It's NOT OKAY to lie about 'false' testimonials that in reality don't exist. It's NOT OKAY to destroy someone's reputation because you can't find their professional credentials.

Think for a moment Kenneth, who are you really angry with? Rachel Rider or your failed marriage?

I want to save my marriage too. But I want to do it with some truth and integrity. People and their reputations should be innocent until proven guilty Kenneth. You should be ashamed.

#5 ·
Perhaps the moderators need to step in and referee this debate. I just find it interesting that neither of you have bothered to post anything before this thread was started. Neither of you have participated in any other discussions on here.:scratchhead:

#6 ·
I'm new to saving my marriage and have only been visiting this forum for a few weeks. My marriage split about six weeks ago so I'm still figuring out the best course of action in regard to marital counseling, but I totally agree that this thread needs moderating.

The thread author, Kenneth24, has made unfounded and unproven allegations of plagiarism against a person and a product, and has added tags to this thread including 'rachel rider plagiarism.'

I too noticed that Kenneth has not participated in any other forums which would suggest he has some kind of agenda against this woman and her product rather than some higher calling to share his insights with his fellow consumers.

Published defamation is illegal and can potentially drag the thread author and this website into a trade libel lawsuit.

I have contacted Rachel Rider and drawn her attention to this thread, and wouldn't be surprised if she is taking legal action.

#7 · (Edited)
Hi AndyPandy,

Not to go back and forth with this issue (actually this is going to be my last post on this issue), but in my original post, I was just expressing my personal experience, disappointment and research after purchasing her book. This forum is about helping each other and I doubt that everyone who posts something negative about a product they purchased is a competitor.

Why is it okay to give positive reviews about products we have purchased but it is a shame to give an honest review about a product I spent my hard earned money on.

Are we saying that "Freedom of Speech" is a shame?

I did not want to mention any of the books I think she took her information from as I am not here to promote any book, I was just expressing my disappointment and disapproval of passing off the work of others as her own.

However, in may opinion her book repackaged the ideas and content of:

His Needs Her Needs by Dr. Harley

Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman

Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus by Dr. Grey

Just to name a few.

I have read these books countless times and in MY OPINION all she did was rephrase, summarize etc. their ideas and called them her own. (Remember this is just my opinion and it is not written in stone).

Unlike you, who stated in your first post that you happen to know Rachel, I do not know these authors, so I am not in a position to defend them, I just think if you use others work credit should be given to them.

The aim of my original post was just to share my personal opinon about a product I purchased. Professional and amateur reviewers do this everyday.

All the best and I don't think I need to defend my opinon anymore. I respect anything you post after this because freedom of speech also applies to you.

Thanks
Kenneth

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.