Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,707 Posts
The first thing I would look at is your job. That is the problem with you relationship. You work long hours almost every day of the week. She wants to spend time with you but can't. She feels like your mother and a single mom because you work so many hours. Your job makes you stressed. You hardly if ever see your child. You see litle of your GF.

She is right you should be spending at least an hour a day every day with your child. She deserves that.

You should still do minor things around the house too.

Can you change what hours you work say 6 am to 6 pm?

draconis

·
Premium Member
3,707 Posts
Have her get a part time job, You could find something better paying, Shift your hours if you can, cut your expense. There is plenty you can do it boils down to what do you want to do?

In my first marriage I thought working like crazy being the man was a solution to everything. That is part of the reason I got divorced. It is why I changed many things before getting with my second wife.

BTW we have 4 kids each work full time away from the house, she goes to college full time yet we have time togeher every week and never use a sitter outside of the fact my parents take the kids for a few hours a two days a week.

draconis

·
Premium Member
3,707 Posts
One big problem is that my income barely pays the bills and we have debt that we both accumulated which forces me to work the hours I work I hate it as much as she does but I don't know what else I could do about it.

I thought like you did once to I was always planning for the future until I got divorced then I realized sometimes you have to deal with the here and now to have a future.

draconis

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.