Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
1,156 Posts
The thing is, only you can know that. Is there enough that you love about this man and your marriage to work through this?

Try making a list of the good things about him - what did you fall in love with? Is that still there?

·
Banned
1,156 Posts
Hi redhead,

Yeah I love loads about my H. If I wrote a list it would be a long list of good points v one big humdinger x 3 on the bad list.

Having loads of good points doesn't change the fact he was capable of not only making a great big stupid mistake, but that he didn't come home remorseful, he chose to keep his secret and do it again and then again....this is the killer!

Thanks for your words x
You're absolutely right, those things don't negate the wrong that he did. They should help you decide if they are worth trying to salvage this marriage or not.

I am sorry - this is unbelievably painful to go through. When my EA came to light, this was the exercise we both did to find out IF this marriage had any merit or possibility of a future. After all, if we couldn't think of anything we loved any more, it would be best to walk away then.

Initially - this was the hardest thing for him to do. He came up with very practical reasons (family/money/obligation) but really nothing about LOVE or emotional connection.

There are definitely good days and bad days. Today, seems to be a good day. Friday, I was certain it was over. Tomorrow - who knows?

I hope things get better for you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.