Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read a few threads around here that site studies that reveal the average amount of times couples have sex.

I'm curious if there is a study that reveals what frequency is for happy couples? Say couples that have been together for a certain period of time or even for couples who claim to be in a happy relationship?

I'd have to imagine that there are a lot of unhappy relationship out there being carried on for whatever reason (staying together for the kids as an example) and they are likely weighing down the real average for a happy couple.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
I've read a few threads around here that site studies that reveal the average amount of times couples have sex.

I'm curious if there is a study that reveals what frequency is for happy couples? Say couples that have been together for a certain period of time or even for couples who claim to be in a happy relationship?

I'd have to imagine that there are a lot of unhappy relationship out there being carried on for whatever reason (staying together for the kids as an example) and they are likely weighing down the real average for a happy couple.
I'm not aware of any studies that control for satisfaction levels in the marriage. I would be interested in seeing some though, or at least studies that report median or modal values for sex.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.