Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you remember an attractive girl you saw awhile ago?
Example: My husband can remember how many girls he thought was attractive at a certain place but can't remember what they look like...
He told me last night he remembers 2 attractive girls he saw at Universal Studios, one on the cruise we went on, one of the waitresses at Chilis...

Now I can't remember any attractive men I've saw within the last week!

Is he thinking about these women too much or am I just too dumb to remember what men I think are attractive as they walk by?
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys haha I just didn't understand why I can't remember attractive men I saw a month or so ago.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
I don't know if this is what you're looking for, but I did notice that my waitress today was very pretty, in that understated brunette way I like, but I suspect I won't remember her tomorrow. I notice attractive women fairly frequently, and they're forgotten just as quickly.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My husband says he can't remember what they look like he can just remember how many and where he thought they were attractive. But thank you for your input. Much appreciated!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
725 Posts
I can remember attractive women for a long time.

I can remember a sweet, funny or friendly woman for even longer than that.

I never forget a biotch.

·
Registered
17,074 Posts
I've noticed every attractive woman who's ever entered my field of vision since I was 10. Unlike your husband, however, I also recognize a minefield when I see one. Unless my wife waterboards me, as far as she knows, I think she's the only attractive woman on earth.

5,148 Posts
I can remember attractive women for a long time.

I can remember a sweet, funny or friendly woman for even longer than that.

I never forget a biotch.
:iagree: Men are visual creatures....and Yes, I Notice the Details of women whom I encounter daily. I would say most men are wired like that.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yes noticing women is a masculine quality - women have it too in the opposite (just not all) - and something we do on a daily basis.

that doesn't mean the guy loves his wife less, thinks she's not attractive, etc. it just means he enjoys the visual aspect of a woman and there is nothing wrong with that.

doesn't mean also that he would act on anything given the chance. in fact he probably is just being honest with you and trusts that you trust him so him being open about it shouldn't bother you.

any woman i've been with she's had to be open about that type of thing. i love the woman i'm with but still very much enjoy looking at beautiful women.

no worries,

Joe

·
Registered
261 Posts
I notice attractive women as well. My interest last for period of time, probably no more than 2 minutes. If my wife were to walk by, I would be drawn to her. I prefer her over any other woman, doesn't matter what they look like. I must also add I am almost as quick at noticing things I do not like.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
doesn't mean also that he would act on anything given the chance. in fact he probably is just being honest with you and trusts that you trust him so him being open about it shouldn't bother you.
It doesn't bother me, what bothers me is that when he said that I started thinking and I couldn't remember any men that stood out that I thought were attractive. But, I guess it's a male thing. ;)

·
Premium Member
882 Posts
I think men can look and admire a pretty woman without it being "cheating". It's just part of being alive. It's not like I have instant fantasies of wild sex with her - it's just an appreciation for beauty. That probably sounds horribly sexist - but I believe it is the truth. Women do this too with good looking men - especially when the women are in a group.

I always noticed a good looking woman - and I always noticed my stbxw too. And the weird thing is, my stbxw would notice good looking women too. I think more women check out other women than men.

·
Registered
6,871 Posts
We are constantly cataloging things all around us, and yes I as a guy make special mental notes of those things that seem to be particularly mentally noteworthy - I still vividly remember many of them even a decade later. It is my own personal catalog though, I would never really share it, or atleast not if its in the moment with a buddy whom I also want to give the gift of cataloging a nice specimen. And for the record it is not always about the most attractive women I see, often it has more to do with timing or a certain particular feature. Just the way my hormone based memory works I guess.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Example: My husband can remember how many girls he thought was attractive at a certain place but can't remember what they look like...
He told me last night he remembers 2 attractive girls he saw at Universal Studios, one on the cruise we went on, one of the waitresses at Chilis...

Is he thinking about these women too much or am I just too dumb to remember what men I think are attractive as they walk by?
Posted via Mobile Device
Yeah, I do that but I do it with a lot of stuff.

Like if I’m out hiking with the kids and a see a lot of wild game tracks, a stand of deer or elk. I can remember what it was, or how many, or even if there were some bucks but I never can remember if they had big racks with lots of points or not – but I just know “Down there in that hollow, at about 7 am I saw a mess of elk with the kids and there were some pretty big bucks in the group.”

It must be a hunter/gather thing.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts

Posted via Mobile Device
Different people (men and women) focus on checking out the opposite sex (or same sex if that's what they like) more than others. I'm like you. I don't focus on it so I couldn't tell you the last time I saw a woman who "grabbed my attention". Doesn't mean it doesn't happen, just I don't focus on it past the moment.

Now some people think about the person for a while so it becomes engrained and they could tell you how many. But it's not necessarily bad, just different.

·
Premium Member
2,845 Posts
My husband says he can't remember what they look like he can just remember how many and where he thought they were attractive. But thank you for your input. Much appreciated!
Posted via Mobile Device
I am the same way. If I go to a certain restaurant, there are always hot waitresses there. Afterwards I might remember that there were 3 hot ones. About the only thing I might remember about them is the amount of cleavage they had or how short a skirt they had. Wouldn't remember much else.

I think the problem would be if he remembered more. This would indicate that he did more than just look or was planning more than looking. That he was actively pursuing.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
It doesn't bother me, what bothers me is that when he said that I started thinking and I couldn't remember any men that stood out that I thought were attractive. But, I guess it's a male thing. ;)
I lost count of the women I see that were attractive. My wife is the same as you. I don't talk about that anymore these days with her.

My wife used to work in the movie industry, so I've asked her several times, "what actor would you like to do a love scene with"? She thought about if for several minutes and couldn't think of anybody, where I had a very long list of hot actresses I would love to do a love scene with.

I thought there was something wrong with her because her mind never goes there.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.