Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my boyfriend and I have been dating for almost a year now and we decided to get promised on our one year. Our parents werent against it (except they didnt want him to get a ring but he did anyways). The problem isnt really getting promised, even though some of my family is very against it, but we want to get engaged and married in my freshmen and his sophomore year in college. Right now he has more of an idea than I do about what he wants to do with his life and im trying to decide. I know we can last through anything and that he is the one, the only worries I have are about what family will think and finances (his college is paid for and im working to get a scholarship, but we also want to buy a house and will need another car and he Loves spending money).
We arent trying to rush things, we just want to be able to live with each other and start our lives together! Do you think 19 and 20 is too young and/or do you think we can survive the financial aspect?

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
19 and 20 are too young to start a life together (says the guy married when he was 19).

Look, you have plenty of time in the future, but you are young and have education and careers to think about before taking on the responsibility of a partner, car and house.

Why do kids want to grow up so fast when the rest of us are wishing we were young again???

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.