Talk About Marriage banner

Preparing for divorce or separation...

2K views 21 replies 8 participants last post by  Al_Bundy 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm not interested in MC.

#3 ·
What did you or you all are doing to prepare for divorce or separation ? I have about 4 yrs to go before I file for divorce and am looking for suggestions on the best way to prepare financially, we have no retirement saved , but our house is fully paid for ...I've started secretly saving cash on the side because he is not a saver he will spend every penny I save if he knows about it . I'm married 30 yrs , I'm 53 yrs old we have 2 children 22 and 15 , work but not much pay looking into going back to college and I'm the one who wants out ...I'm not interested in MC.
Does he know that you are going to divorce him? If not please enlighten him so that he can also prepare and plan for the future. It seems deceitful of you to be planning this and he doesn't have a clue.

#17 ·
There comes a point when leaving is pointless.

That point is fast arriving. Four years at your age amounts to more than you think.

Ah, but I get it!

The part of not wanting marriage may fly.

The part of not wanting intimacy or romance, um, I hope that is the lie.

God gave you a body to enjoy, not to hide under a frumpy duster.

If you do not divorce now that is four years of loving you can never get back.

You are in your sexual prime. Four years from now, holds no such promise.

#20 ·
There comes a point when leaving is pointless.

That point is fast arriving. Four years at your age amounts to more than you think.

Ah, but I get it!

The part of not wanting marriage may fly.

The part of not wanting intimacy or romance, um, I hope that is the lie.

God gave you a body to enjoy, not to hide under a frumpy duster.

If you do not divorce now that is four years of loving you can never get back.

You are in your sexual prime. Four years from now, holds no such promise.
I have no problem pleasuring myself and I have lots of hobbies and work to keep me occupied .... Run, hike ,bike ,paint , sketch, photography , garden , go to community plays pre covid and currently ... ECT ECT I keep busy. TY for your advice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.