Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im seven and half months pregant, when i got pregant my sex drive seemed to go crazy now that im toward the end of my pregancy i feel as if my husband doesnt see me the same despite the fact that it looks like i swallowed a basketball...
but im getting worried we havent had sex for two weeks now.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Men are different from women, remember for most men, it's the appearance that gets them moving. On the other hand, he could just be going through a "soon to be parent" phase.

·
Premium Member
3,707 Posts
In the third trimester it is better to back off of sex for a bit anyways as having can cause you to have the baby early. The seamen can eat away at the mucus plug etc. Also the positions tend to be limited to spoons. Talk to your doctor about it and have your hubby with you.

On the flip side maybe reminding your hubby that it might be 6-18 weeks after the baby is born before you will be able to have sex again so he might be giving up the "lovin" for some time if he neglects it now.

draconis

·
Premium Member
6,621 Posts
I wouldn’t worry about it. I think many men go through this. It might be that your current appearance, as beautiful as a pregnant woman is, doesn’t make him feel aroused. Also it may be possible that he may be afraid he’ll hurt you or the baby. Pregnancy can take a toll on the sex life. After a few weeks with a new baby in the house both of you may look at the marital bed as just a place to get some rest. It passes. Congratulations and good luck with your future joy.

·
Premium Member
3,278 Posts
I agree with Amp...many men are afraid they will hurt the baby...knowing there is a little human right there I guess would be somewhat worrisome. I also think it's instinctive for men to want to take care of their wife at this point couple that with thoughts about the birth his focus is probably not on sex right now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.