Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had postpartum depression before. I'm afraid that I have it again. Our youngest is now almost 5 mos. Any advice anyone has would be super welcome. Our marriage is not doing well at all now and I feel very alone and unsupported.

·
Registered
3,869 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,190 Posts
The only woman I ever seen go through this.. it was really bad, she was a changed person... she couldn't even smile.. she was in my Mops group.. I never realized how much this can affect a woman .. her husband was a Doctor even.. so she surely sought help during that time...

When she came out of this.. and got back to herself... she spoke in front of all us ladies to how difficult a time this was for her... the worst thing she ever went through.. it was very vulnerable for her to share like that.....she was thanking all the ladies for supporting her during that time..

Do talk to a Doctor about it..... she looked SO depressed, it took effort just to smile.. and you knew she wasn't feeling it...

Here is an article in regards to husbands..

Postpartum Depression: When Dads & Partners Don't Seem To Get It - Postpartum Progress

·
Administrator
44,494 Posts
Can you tell us more about what you are feeling/thinking that makes you think you have PP again?

Have you seen your doctor about what you are going through?

I assume that your husband knew that you had it before. Does he recognize that you have it now, or at least think that you do?

Could you tell us some more about yourself?

How old are you and your husband?

How old are your children?

Are you a stay at home mom (SAHM)? Or do you work outside the home too?

I assume that your husband is working, is that right?

What is going on between you and your husband? Is he helping you with the children, the home, etc?

How many hours a week do you and your husband spend together doing date-like things, just the two of you?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.