Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to get an opinion from everyone. I have a wife (prior post:Wife is having MLC, what do i do) who has two facebook accounts that are kept very secret--doesnt share poke activity or messages etc.

I wanted to take a poll as to what people do with their facebook accounts: do you let your spouse see your account activity? Or is it private.

If private, what would you do if you spouse said "i want to see your facebook account"

thanks!

·
Registered
9,246 Posts
We both deleted our facebook accounts after he cheated. He never used his, had actually forgotten he had it. He had one friend. He could have looked at mine any time he wanted to.

IMO spouses should offer each other complete access to everything - emails, computers, phones, bank accounts, EVERYthing. It should just BE that way, and is for us.

·
Registered
295 Posts
My wife and I both have Facebook accounts and we both know what the other is up to on there. She doesn't have my password and vice-versa, but either of us can log onto each other's computer at any time and see what the other has been up to, if we need to.

To me, there shouldn't be a need for 'private' FB accounts unless there's something that you are hiding from your spouse. My wife's account is 'private' to the outside world, with the exception of her close friends and myself. Mine isn't open to the public, either, but my wife can see everything that I do there, which is the way that it should be.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Just wanted to get an opinion from everyone. I have a wife (prior post:Wife is having MLC, what do i do) who has two facebook accounts that are kept very secret--doesnt share poke activity or messages etc.

I wanted to take a poll as to what people do with their facebook accounts: do you let your spouse see your account activity? Or is it private.

If private, what would you do if you spouse said "i want to see your facebook account"

thanks!
Garry, I think it's odd that she has secretive facebook accounts. That's not normal. I suppose I have to look at your other post for more details, but that's not normal.

·
Banned
4,714 Posts

thanks!
Come on Garry2012.

If a person shared their secrets, guess what?

They’d no longer be secrets. That’s what secrets are about, secrecy.

Secrets are there for a reason, guess what the reason is?

THEY DON’T WANT YOU TO KNOW WHAT’S REALLY GOING ON IN THEIR LIVES!

The only way you will ever find out the truth is by spying on her. You really do need the 2x4!

You’ve got to be a crazy man asking your wife to tell you the secrets she’s keeping from you. If she ever did they would no longer be SECRETS.

That’s why she keeps them. She doesn’t want you to know them!!!

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL I know AFEH. I just wanted to see what was "normal". She def has secrets on there....just part of the plan i a putting together.

What is the 2X4?

·
Registered
634 Posts

I wanted to take a poll as to what people do with their facebook accounts: do you let your spouse see your account activity?

Yes I share my activity. He also is free to log into my account and email accounts anytime he wishes.

Or is it private.

If she/he has nothing to hide they should open it immediately. Be wary of those that don't.

thanks!

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Nothing is hidden here. I have a Facebook account but I can't remember the last time I checked it. I hardly ever use it. I might have maybe a handful of family pictures on it and my "friends" on FB are family. My husband knows my password to FB. Actually nearly a third of my FB contacts are members of his family!

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Nothing hidden

She has my passwords to EVERYTHING and I have her passwords. She sees EVRYTHING I do on FB and I see EVERYTHING she does on FB as well as email accounts. No cell phone passwords either!

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Although my BF is divorcing a WW so I'm very sensitive to those things. But even before dating him, in my marriage we were very open. It was before the big FB craze but still I knew his email password and had full access to everything. Even his cell phone voice mail passcode - he'd sometimes have me check for him as he was/is self employed.

I have told him my phone passcode and email passcode in general conversation - just using it "as an example" but it was done very much on purpose.

I believe in full disclosure.

·
Registered
89 Posts
My facebook password is automatically saved so my account is always logged in on our computer. We share one email account, have ever since we bought our first computer after we were married. All of his hunting forums that he goes to have the login info saved always. The only account that isn't saved is our bank, and that is because I have nosy MIL! Shoot, even my mom has my facebook password!

·
Premium Member
3,948 Posts
LOL I know AFEH. I just wanted to see what was "normal". She def has secrets on there....just part of the plan i a putting together.

What is the 2X4?
It's a bloody great piece of wood!
It shouldn't be funny. Though you just had me cry from laughing.

·
Registered
16,640 Posts
I do not do FB. Never have. My STBXW is a prolific FB user and was long before before our separation. She never shared anything with me regarding FB. More especially her clandestined activities and communications with her two out-of-town boyfriends.

In any subsequent relationship that I may possibly encounter, I think it is imperative that there will be an agreement that absolutely nothing is ever willingly hidden from each other.

To do so would be the absolute epitome of trust. I don't quite know about everyone else, but I, for one, like that!

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
I loathe FB. I know so many decent marriages & families that have been destroyed by people hooking up with old loves on FB. Children being bullied. People spying on each other. Employers prying into employees' personal lives. People bragging about how wonderful their children & lives are....uggg

I have a FB acct. with only 35 friends & 30 of them are relatives LOL. Only friends can view it.

My husband has no use for it (no account) & he can most certainly look at my acct. if he wanted to.

If he had a FB acct. that was secretive it would be to have affairs & we would be divorced.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
I do not do FB. Never have. My STBXW is a prolific FB user and was long before before our separation. She never shared anything with me regarding FB. More especially her clandestined activities and communications with her two out-of-town boyfriends.

In any subsequent relationship that I may possibly encounter, I think it is imperative that there will be an agreement that absolutely nothing is ever willingly hidden from each other.

To do so would be the absolute epitome of trust. I don't quite know about everyone else, but I, for one, like that!
Ouch - sorry about this. FB...sigh.....

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.