Talk About Marriage banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I, personally, don't know anyone who had symptomatic covid. The case load in my county was low. But, I do know many, many people who were hurt financially by the forced unemployment.

I suspect my experience is probably the common one for most people.

Only the most ardent TDS sufferer will blame Trump for this. The American Federal Republic system makes the Governor the grand poobah of each state. In the Democrat run states (not all of them, of course) where the Gov. was illogical, draconian, and power-grabby (I'm looking at you, NY, NJ, Wis, Mich. Cali. etc) even to this late point of things winding down is telling.

Will the electorate wake up?

Hopefully, maybe slowly?

Katie Hills seat in Cali. went Republican. An omen of things to come?

(Disclaimer, before accusing me of being a Republican hack, I'd prefer every clear thinking American vote for the Constitution Party. Up in Canada, we don't have a real constitution, so that choice is null)

·
Banned
2,125 Posts
I love how you say only a TDS person would blame Trump for any of this, but the Dems, they are to blame......

A friend on FB posted something about degrees of separation, because he did not know anyone with COVID. That thread now has 120 posts with people saying they have friends and family, many of who have died. It is not scientific, but to say that your situation is the norm is not either. For me, I do not know a single person in my social circle that has been laid off due to COVID, I do have some family members that have been sick and some hospitalized for it. No one dead yet, but they are early 40's. Is my experience any more or less normal, who knows.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
If it's ok on this board to call Trump's detractors deranged, is it ok to address his supporters by an insulting phrase? Don't want to break the rules, but a level playing field is a good thing.
You have to be kidding. There has been NUMEROUS insults of Trump supporters on this Board. This is off-subject, so that is all I will say.

·
Registered
19,142 Posts
You have to be kidding. There has been NUMEROUS insults of Trump supporters on this Board. This is off-subject, so that is all I will say.
I haven’t seen anyone call any Trump supporter here a name.

·
Registered
406 Posts
You're the one who seemed upset about the media lying to you and disputed their conclusions, but it appears you're more interested in accusing and running than you are in the truth.

You do realize putting "you do realize" in front of an unsubstantiated claim is still an unsubstantiated claim?
See the post above yours, ‘tis substantiated.

·
Registered
263 Posts
People I know with covid19:

-My cousin's dad in NYC, 2 months in the hospital, discharged 2 weeks ago with O2 and a CNA at home. He's got a long way to recover completely.

-My previous boss living in NJ. Thankfully she got the mild version since she's a cancer survivor.

-My cousin's wife's aunt and uncle in Guayaquil, Ecuador. They both died at the hospital. It took days to get their bodies to be released to her family.

-Same cousins wife's brother. He got a mild version and was at the hospital having trouble breathing and maintaining his O2 levels at a safe level.

- A friend's sister, her husband and their two children living in NJ. They got the mild version of covid19.

-Same friend's other sister who is pregnant got the asymptomatic version of covid19.

- Since I work from home as a Spanish Interpreter, I've seen a lot of patients with Covid19 at my state's health system.

I am awake and I keep seeing this virus infect and kill people. I have my personal experiences that are shaping my views. That's for sure.

·
Registered
105 Posts
There is no doubt Covid has been politicized. By both sides. I DO know people who have died and been seriously ill. I also know people who have lost their livelihoods. Both are tragic.

I am conservative, but I'm sick of the ignorant implications STILL floating around that COVID isnt real or isn't serious. No, I don't watch CNN, but the people espousing these redneck bumpkin conspiracy theories make us thinking Republicans look bad.

I'm honestly embarrassed for some of my far right friends. Just like I'm amused by the far left ones who think we should hide till theres a vaccine.

·
Registered
11,550 Posts

Takeaways:

CDC has just published new numbers. Death rate of those who are infected is about 0.26%. That is, of all people who contract Covid, including those with no symptoms, about 0.26% will die. Of those who are symptomatic the death rate is 0.4%.

Nothing new in terms of age brackets, the elderly are at very high risk of death from Covid, and the young are very much not at risk. In fact, for younger people there is a higher chance of dying from a lightning strike.

For those under age 65, the overall risk of death from Covid 19 is lower than the risk of death from a motor vehicle accident.

62% of all Covid deaths in the USA are in only 6 states which comprise just 18% of the country's population. These are the states which mandated elderly Covid patients be sent back to senior care facilities.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
62% of all Covid deaths in the USA are in only 6 states which comprise just 18% of the country's population. These are the states which mandated elderly Covid patients be sent back to senior care facilities.
Interesting how the worst serial killers don't use guns.

This little tidbit is finally gaining traction in the ''media''. My hope is for lengthy jail terms for these people who signed such a stupidly irresponsible order.

·
Registered
406 Posts
From the moment of “COVID-19’s” naming—and particularly since the imposition of unprecedented restrictions on “life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness”—some people have smelled a rat. And with each passing week, the smell becomes worse. A growing chorus of ordinary citizens and world-renowned medical and scientific experts is raising questions about matters ranging from the coronavirus’s origins to the rationale for continued lockdowns (see here, here and here).

The mainstream media have shown themselves only too ready to lob ad hominem attacksagainst any and all such non-conformists. However, one does not have to be insensitive to the illness and deaths associated with COVID-19 to recognize that powerful agendas are riding on the coattails of SARS-CoV-2. Citizens are waking up to the fact that the countries, officials and public figures who embrace draconian interventions such as immunity certificates, microchipping, forced vaccinationand the removal of children from their homes also approve of making our sovereign rights—whether to earn a living, maintain bodily integrity, congregate to practice our spirituality, enjoy the arts or protect and educate our children—contingent upon our acceptance of these Big Brother measures and technologies.

To make it easier for the public to assess what is happening and what is at stake, Children’s Health Defense has put together the following timeline of selected events. We invite readers to consider how these events—some of them seemingly unrelated—and the network of partnerships and relationships that they illustrate have contributed to the unfolding set of circumstances in which we now find ourselves.

1 - 20 of 109 Posts