Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
I find some of his advice to be great, and some of his advice just totally misses the mark and seems to simply further his "blog agenda" ( couldn't help myself :) ) and exists to sell more books.

I know his blog/work are often quoted as scripture around these parts and my views may not be super popular, but if his book and blog really did have the perfect answers to how to have a healthy, happy and functional relationship, he would be a billionaire, and we wouldn't have a 50%+ divorce rate in this country.

My main beef with him has always been his unwillingness/inability to cite sources for the majority of what he refers to as "simply the fact." The post linked by the OP is a perfect example of that. In that post he claims that regardless of how long a relationship has existed by means of co-equal decision making, in times of crisis, the "body agenda" simply takes over and puts the man in charge, and the woman in the support role. The only source he cites is a different post he makes on his own blog to support that claim.

Anyhow, as I said, I think some of his advice is spot on, and im not trying to rip the man a new one ( yes I have read his book and blog), but not everything he says is gospel, and as with anything else in life, his advice should be taken with a pinch of salt.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anyhow, as I said, I think some of his advice is spot on, and im not trying to rip the man a new one ( yes I have read his book and blog), but not everything he says is gospel, and as with anything else in life, his advice should be taken with a pinch of salt.
Just threw this up for others' thoughts.

My feelings about the author mostly mirror yours, Paladin, with one particular exception: having owned a bar/club for over 20 years, and seen many a "player" in action, his PUA and "game" descriptions are uncannily accurate, based on my personal observations.

Reactions: Machiavelli
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.