Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...to the moderators...

Just kill my profile please. I see you have taken it upon yourselves to delete my last post critical of TAM anyway in the tattoo thread... and another when I asked someone to stop regurgitating (yet again) the same old MMSL 'cure-all' as an immediate response to a first time poster expressing relationship difficulties.

Its pretty clear the culture here (and the dogma that goes with it) comes first. My suggestion would be to police this place a little better and keep in mind what sort of culture you want to foster.

You should call this place TAD. Talk About Dysfunction. or perhaps TAGLLT. Talk about getting laid like tile. I get it - it is what it is.

Cheers. No hard feeling here.

Anotherguy.

·
Premium Member
6,626 Posts
Seriously AG? There were a dozen posts deleted in that thread as it was hijacked. It doesn't look to me like any of them had to do with your opinion. The thread took a serious veer. Me thinks you are being a bit thin skinned today. While you and many may not like the MMSL theory, as long as those touting it do it in accordance with the forum rules it is allowed. And several of those posts were deleted in that thread also as a jack.

·
Banned
2,585 Posts
Seriously AG? There were a dozen posts deleted in that thread as it was hijacked. It doesn't look to me like any of them had to do with your opinion. The thread took a serious veer. Me thinks you are being a bit thin skinned today. While you and many may not like the MMSL theory, as long as those touting it do it in accordance with the forum rules it is allowed. And several of those posts were deleted in that thread also as a jack.
Me thinks there are only two of us...:) Seriously, I was beginning to wonder if MMSL and TAM are affiliated in some way. But I'd better not GO there. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
6,626 Posts

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Amp - no, thats fine. and really - it has little to do with MMSL on its own, but rather my perception that it is bandied about here too casually by people that have received no clue as to its applicability for a new poster.

I understand the Tattoo thread deletion was probably my bad. I called WorkingOnMe 'damaged goods', and that was my fault.. but really.. look at that second response in that thread (and its 6 'likes') - it is far too common for that type of reflexive, juvenile reactionism here and it again has nothing to do with him specifically but the culture that is being fostered. I have run boards before and I do understand how it is not easy.

I feel like I have nothing left to contribute if I feel too often, the need to be constantly rebutting some of this... uhm... crap. I'll leave it up to the hard core types that seriously drinking this stuff in. Honest to god - I dont know why I am here anyway - I dont have anything in my marriage to complain about - so in that respect dont really fit in. Not a bad thing.

Shrug.

Enjoy!

·
Banned
2,585 Posts
AG, you echo my sentiments almost exactly; I came here for a specific purpose, had a few other minor issues (which have all been resolved), yet I hang on, continuing to post. I found myself getting into crazy mud slinging arguments...all for what? Because I keep getting sucked into these pissing match, back and forth arguments and I don't back down until I blow a virtual-gasket and end up getting banned. I asked myself recently "Would I even associate with (some of) these people in real life if they were to speak to me this way?". Ya. Not effing likely. But then, it's easy for people so say whatever they want when they're cloaked in the anonimity of the world wide web, isn't it?

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Me thinks there are only two of us...:) Seriously, I was beginning to wonder if MMSL and TAM are affiliated in some way.
Actually, it is steeped in it. Affiliated is too loose a word. Don't get me started on that peurile 180 snake oil and all the infantile baggage that goes with it. Oops, sorry. :smthumbup:

Like I said elsewhere... it makes sense, I guess, on a site where infidelity posts outnumber long term success posts 80-to-1. Face it - this place is a hospital or sanitarium, not a healthy retreat.

Enough though. This isnt about me. Leave this thread here. Its not about TAM bashing.

ciao.

and yeah - I didnt see anything that would let me delete my own profile.

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
How to Delete Your Posts - This can be done by clicking the "Edit" button at the bottom of the post, then clicking the delete button at the bottom right of the editor window that opens. To list all of your posts, do an advanced search for "posts by this user" and enter your username. There is an option at the bottom left that says "Show Results as;" select "Posts." When you get the list or results, follow the same procedure for deleting the posts. We do not delete users or cancel accounts, however we do give you the ability to delete any information you put on the site. We are not responsible for your posts or removing them. If a post is in a locked thread, you can pm me or a moderator with a request to delete it (please include a link to the post).

You can also delete any profile information you entered, by going through the "User CP" links (should show up at the top left while logged in). The same links you used to enter your profile information can be used to delete it.

·
Registered
7,839 Posts
Me thinks there are only two of us...:) Seriously, I was beginning to wonder if MMSL and TAM are affiliated in some way. But I'd better not GO there. :rolleyes:
I've read No More Mister Nice Guy - and I remember the "married man" back when he was just another poster here and not a "celebrity!"

I also don't completely buy into some of the Dogma here. I used to spend quite a bit of time in the Men's Clubhouse - but it has changed over the last several years. And is likely to change again!

I also disagree with many of the theories commonly spouted in the Coping With Infidility section. But - they have worked for some people. I will sometimes interject my opinion - but I'm also quick to tell people "don't take marriage advice from someone who just got divorced"!!!

I just try to keep in mind that I'm just going to disagree with some people - and that's fine. Its also important to some of the newer people to see a bit of difference in opinion.

I've never been banned for disagreeing with people or not following the Dogma. Never had an "important" post deleted. People who get banned or censored generally have started using personal attacks against other posters.

Both of you - hang in there and let your opinions be known!

·
Banned
2,585 Posts
How to Delete Your Posts - This can be done by clicking the "Edit" button at the bottom of the post, then clicking the delete button at the bottom right of the editor window that opens. To list all of your posts, do an advanced search for "posts by this user" and enter your username. There is an option at the bottom left that says "Show Results as;" select "Posts." When you get the list or results, follow the same procedure for deleting the posts. We do not delete users or cancel accounts, however we do give you the ability to delete any information you put on the site. We are not responsible for your posts or removing them. If a post is in a locked thread, you can pm me or a moderator with a request to delete it (please include a link to the post).

You can also delete any profile information you entered, by going through the "User CP" links (should show up at the top left while logged in). The same links you used to enter your profile information can be used to delete it.
Does this mean you can delete multiple posts? Or is it just one at a time? Because I'm not sure I want to leave all this stuff up here forever...I've done away with all my threads, but there is still a lot of info in replies to other threads. It would take me forever to delete all of them one by one...

·
Registered
7,839 Posts
The trouble is, I let my opinions be TOO known...LOL...;)
So does everybody else!

"Man Up!"

"Install a keylogger and a voice activated recorder and a GPS tracker!!!"

"Cancel her credit card and change the locks!"

People who come here looking for help need more than the normal opinions from the most common posters. One size doesn't fit all.

Secretly tracking someone with Keyloggers, VOA's and GPS is often illegal!!!

Manning Up doesn't mean playing follow the leader to impress a bunch of (well meaning) internet strangers.

And changing the locks is great until Mom/Dad come home - and the kids just let them in - curious as to why they were banging on their window in the middle of the night.

·
Premium Member
6,626 Posts
Does this mean you can delete multiple posts? Or is it just one at a time? Because I'm not sure I want to leave all this stuff up here forever...I've done away with all my threads, but there is still a lot of info in replies to other threads. It would take me forever to delete all of them one by one...
They can be deleted in multiples using the search feature. Go to advanced search and search for post by user name. It will list them by pages. The full page can be selected at the top of the screen and the delete feature is at the bottom. You can delete multiple pages at a time but there is a limit as to how many posts can be deleted at one time. 70 or something like that.

Reactions: CandieGirl

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
They can be deleted in multiples using the search feature. Go to advanced search and search for post by user name. It will list them by pages. The full page can be selected at the top of the screen and the delete feature is at the bottom. You can delete multiple pages at a time but there is a limit as to how many posts can be deleted at one time. 70 or something like that.
Not sure you can do this as a regular user. At least I dont see it.

·
Registered
191 Posts
sorry to see you go AG. I've always enjoyed reading your no-nonsense replies to posters. I didn't take you as the sort to make a thread announcing your departure...seems a bit dramatic when you could have just PMed a moderator :scratchhead:...but I wish you all the best. :)

·
Premium Member
14,190 Posts
I liked your posts too AnotherGuy.. always appreciated them.. so full of "common sense" and I found myself almost ALWAYS agreeing with you... got quite a few laughs out of them too...

And I say this...even though I find some good in both the books you despise, feeling they can help many men.... being married to a more passive man myself - many would deem him the "Nice Guy" type....he could literally give a rats ass - of course I don't feel All women throw them away if you don't follow every rule in these books... it's so much more than that....and may I say....MUCH has to do with the woman herself..... I don't blame it all on men.

One has to be a little thick skinned here for days like these....We all have them.....I hope you'll consider coming back one day.

It sucks to leave a place on a sour note....I felt this way once... and I had a path before me.... let this experience that started out GOOD close on a troubled ending.... but I refused to END it that way....(another thing entirely - nothing related to here) .....so I picked myself up off the floor, and kept going - and it turned out more of a blessing.

Men & women can not be boxed - all opinions are valuable...we are all different... and truly...different strokes work for different folks.

Don't let them get to you. :)

Everyone should keep this in mind when dealing with others >>

"Different Drums for Different Drummers
"

If I do not want what you want, please try not to tell me that my want is wrong.

Or if I believe other than you, at least pause before you correct my view.

Or if my emotion is less than yours, or more, given the same circumstances, try not to ask me to feel more strongly or weakly.

Or yet if I act, or fail to act, in the manner of your design for action, let me be. I do not, for the moment at least, ask you to understand me. That will come only when you are willing to give up changing me into a copy of you.

If you will allow me any of my own wants, or emotions, or beliefs, or actions, then you open yourself to the possibility that some day these ways of mine might not seem so wrong, and might finally appear as right--- FOR ME. To put up with me is the 1st step to understanding me.

Not that you embrace my ways as right for you, but that you are no longer irritated or disappointed with me for my seeming waywardness. And in understanding me you might come to prize my differences from you, and, far from seeking to change me, preserve and even nurture those differences.

I may be your spouse, your parent, your offspring, your friend, or your colleague. But whatever our relation, this I know: You are I are fundamentally different and both of us have to march to our own drummer.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.