Talk About Marriage banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Someone said you can not use the same Attorney. Not true in Indiana. When my x and I divorced after 30 years, her attorney drew everything up. I did have an attorney review the paperwork (cost me $500 in 2011) but that was all. Signed it at her attorneys office, then it was sent and signed by the judge. One attorney, never saw the Judge.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Someone said you can not use the same Attorney. Not true in Indiana. When my x and I divorced after 30 years, her attorney drew everything up. I did have an attorney review the paperwork (cost me $500 in 2011) but that was all. Signed it at her attorneys office, then it was sent and signed by the judge. One attorney, never saw the Judge.
That may be but both of YOU didn't use the same attorney. Her attorney represented HER and her best interests and you simply agreed. Attorneys only represent one side of one deal. The other side can choose not to have representation which is what you did.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Apparently when a 20 girl falls for an older man she is really seeking a daddy replacement, not a partner. And I was so non emotional that I was just looking for breeding stock. With all the parameters I gave her, she told me we stood 182% chance of not making it 10 years after the birth of our first daughter. I guess we're just stubborn as hell because we've been together almost 20 years.
Not in my case, I met my wife on her 19th bday. I was 29. Our relationship was no different than any others, no daddy thing going. We made it 17 years so far

41 - 44 of 44 Posts