Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came from a crappy past but when i met my husband suddenly everything made sense. I have had my problems with mental health but he was always my sanity, my saving grace. Just being with him made me happy, i love him so much.

however last week it all feel apart... i found out that for several weeks he had being talk to another woman about kissing her and how good looking she is. He set up a different face book acout to talk her as well as a different email and saved her number under one of our mates names. It was all very calculated!

It turns out that he did in fact kiss her and would have done more if i hadnt caught him...

we both work in mental health and the worst bit it the lady is one of our paitents !! I have no idea what to do im loseing the plot. I just want to dissapear

shes a vunerable anorixa paitent. Hes destroyed everything his job, our house and possible my job if i dont do anything!!!

advice??

·
Super Moderator
30,608 Posts
Report him to his line manager at once. Because if you do not, your career and future as well as your marriage is at stake as well as his career. And possibly the life of the vulnerable patient.

And I believe you do not deserve any fallout from his incredibly bad lapse of judgement.

I am so angry with him for messing with you and also a vulnerable patient!:mad:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know I should do that sooner rather that later but part of me feels to blame for not noticeing sooner :(. I feel so angry and ashamed of what hes done. i just dont understand why? why put so much at risk

thank you for responing... due to who it is i cant talk to any one i know so i feel very alone

·
Registered
45 Posts
You have to ask yourself a question I've had to ask myself often in the past week. You wrote:

Hes destroyed everything his job, our house and possible my job if i dont do anything!!!
You're right that that's what he is doing. Do you see any possible future with someone who is capable of doing those things on a whim?

Exposure is tough...I know from experience, but given that he is taking advantage of someone who is already in a weakened state, and who he is supposed to be responsible for, I think I have to agree with MattMatt that you need to expose what he's been doing to someone in management. I know it's probably hard to think beyond your pain and betrayl at the moment, but hang in there...this pain will lessen soon, I promise. But unfortunately you're in a position where you also need to respect and defend your profession in this situation by getting the truth out there.

I'm so sorry Annie.

·
Premium Member
2,715 Posts
What he is doing is at the very least unethical and likely criminal depending on the patient's competency.

He is in deep sh1t. YOU have a moral duty to report this at once. In the long run it will keep him from further damaging himself and that poor woman and her family. They put their trust in the wrong people.

·
Premium Member
4,301 Posts
What he is doing is at the very least unethical and likely criminal depending on the patient's competency.

He is in deep sh1t. YOU have a moral duty to report this at once. In the long run it will keep him from further damaging himself and that poor woman and her family. They put their trust in the wrong people.
Also Annie, if you have knowledge of this and keep it to yourself you could easily be charged with aiding and abetting a crime. Dead serious here. This goes way beyond the norm here, so you better do what's in your best interest legally and ethically. If you don't, you just may find yourself in a world of sh!t you can't even begin to imagine.

So sorry you're going through this, but you had better buck up and do the right thing.

·
Banned
8,908 Posts
I know I should do that sooner rather that later but part of me feels to blame for not noticeing sooner :(. I feel so angry and ashamed of what hes done. i just dont understand why? why put so much at risk

thank you for responing... due to who it is i cant talk to any one i know so i feel very alone
If you think you feel guilty now for not noticing sooner, how do you think you're going to feel later when the poop hits the fan and it comes out that you knew but didn't tell. Like a malpractice lawsuit that includes you, because you didn't expose when you found out...

If you stick with the truth, anything negative that comes out of this is a result of your husband's actions, not anything you did. I would say to do the right thing, starting now.

C

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.