Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Please help

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  rmb 
#1 ·
My husband tends to take whatever my parents and siblings do or say to him in negative sense. He feels that everything they say is meant to insult him. he asked them for some help in the past which they failed to provide as promptly as he'd expected. due to this he feels that they don't care about him at all.

Now I have to go to my brother's wedding with him. and I am terribly scared. I have tried my best to convince him that there is no such issue, that they (my family) respect and care for him the same as they used to do before, but he's not ready to listen.

please help me how should I deal with any situationthat may arise when we reach there.:confused:

#3 ·
he asked them for some help in the past which they failed to provide as promptly as he'd expected. due to this he feels that they don't care about him at all.
Surely he has had THIS happen with even friends during his life time or his own family members, I mean, many people are procrastinators, or don't keep promises too well, it generelly IS nothing personal, it says MORE ABOUT THEM and their character for saying they are going to do something, then never get around to it.

Try to tell him that, it is another perspective and uplift him if HE is the type of man to KEEP his word in all things.

Besides their failing to help in a timely manner, what kinds of things does your family say to him -that he takes internally?

Your husband sounds like an overly sensitive man, a melencholy temperment perhaps, but then you say you are "terribly scared ", that sounds a little severe --what are you fearing, him exploding at this wedding? Does he take all of this out on you?

Scroll down & read some of the traits of the Melancholy , does this sound like him?

Fig Hunter - Temperaments

#5 ·
he is a person to keep his words and yes he is too sensitive. I think there is some problem in me too not being able to listen ill of my folks. He take it out on me, but not physically. he starts speaking ill of them, and include me with them which pains me.
even my parents are not being any helpful, they get defensive when he blurts out his frustration on them. I love my parents and I love my husband as well. these situations make me feel like i have to choose one of them. :mad:
i am from India, and in our culture it is not thought as good that a girl goes to functions by herself without her husband. I have no way out.

#4 ·
maybe stop trying to force it and come to terms with there being a conflict that you cannot control. i stopped asking my husband to go with me to functions that he didn't want to attend for two reasons. if he had to go it put him in a bad mood which ultimately put me in a bad mood. plus when he doesn't go i am able to enjoy myself more because i don't have to worry about us being in bad moods. i get home happy and he is happy he didn't have to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.