Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, :)

My name is Donna and I'm a marriage and family therapist. I'm also a doctoral student at the University of Florida studying to get a doctorate in counselor education. I'm writing to ask for your help in my dissertation study. I'm surveying newlyweds (married 1-5 years), without children, who both work 35 hours each per week. The survey takes around 10 minutes to complete and you aren't asked to give any identifying information. The link below will take you to the informed consent that specifies exactly what will be asked in the survey.

I would really appreciate your help!!!! Below is the link to the survey. If you have any questions please feel free to email me at [email protected]. Thank you for your help with this important study. It is my hope that counselors and newlyweds will benefit from the information gained in this study.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=SaYQwdjesvknHTeeLnWk0Q_3d_3d

Sincerely,

Donna McGinley, EdS, NCC

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Someone brought it to my attention that the survey said it was closed. I have fixed the problem. Thank you, again!

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Best of luck with this Donna, I don't qualify, been married 11 years, 3 kids, happily married though.

Best of luck on your research.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
been married 10, have a wonderful wife, four kids and the marriage excels by the one a day.

draconis
It's really wonderful to hear about happy marriages. As a counselor, we are taught to pay attention to "what isn't working" instead of looking at those who are making it work. Thanks for the smiles!

·
Registered
270 Posts
I notice that about Dr. Phil, Donna... everything he has on the show focuses on the negative and how to fix it, but he never has shows on that focus on the positive and on couples who have made it as far as they have. It's sad that society thrives on negative without even considering the positive.

Been married nine years, together 14 this year. Every couple has their ups and downs, don't get me wrong, but you just have to have an open mind and "know when to hold em, know when to fold em". Some things just are not worth fighting about. And some words are not worth saying. To the same token... you have to focus on the positive and know when to say the right thing. I'm no expert, but we do what works for us in our relationship, which might not be what works for others in theirs. Good luck to you. :)

·
Forum Administrator
2,068 Posts
:DYou guys inspired me to create a new, much needed section on Talk About Marriage tonight:

Long Term Success in Marriage
If you've been married 10+ years and consider your marriage a success, post your success story here. Help others by talking about what works for you.

Hopefully over time, we will be able to grow a "treasure trove" of valuable experience in maintaining happy long-term marriages.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.