Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My ex husband and I started dating at 15, had a child at 18, married at 21 and divorced at 31. We were always the best of friends, the picture perfect couple n church and out-until he had a year long affair,then the downward spiral began. I threatened to leave, he became abusive, I started cheating as well..you name it. We finally split in 07. He eventually gave into the rage of me leaving him by assulting a guy I was seeing. He is now in jail and I am living in another state. I'm now remarried with a toddler. Until the affair happened my ex was a VERY good husband, father, and provider. We attented church reg. and had weekly bible study at home etc. The guy Im married to now is a drug addict who basically has a good heart but way to many issues. I found out about his addiction while I was 6 months preg. aprx. a year before we married. So I knew going in but 1. I was scared of being alone and 2.I thought this was what I deserved after leaving my ex. Now that Im over the hurt of the affair I want my ex hubby back. Life is miserable without him. We had 11 wonderful years before the trouble. We've been together practically our whole lives.#confused

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
I think you need to focus on your kids. Spend that time getting yourself together and figuring out why you keep choosing men to fill that void in your life. The kids deserve a stable parent, and you're it.

ETA: If you're communicating with the jailbird, you need to stop. You have enough on your plate as it is with your addicted husband and two kids. If he was the one for you, you wouldn't have been cheated on and abused and you'd be living happily ever after with him. Get yourself together.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
:iagree:
I think you need to focus on your kids. Spend that time getting yourself together and figuring out why you keep choosing men to fill that void in your life. The kids deserve a stable parent, and you're it.

ETA: If you're communicating with the jailbird, you need to stop. You have enough on your plate as it is with your addicted husband and two kids. If he was the one for you, you wouldn't have been cheated on and abused and you'd be living happily ever after with him. Get yourself together.
:iagree:

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
My ex husband and I started dating at 15, had a child at 18, married at 21 and divorced at 31. We were always the best of friends, the picture perfect couple n church and out-until he had a year long affair,then the downward spiral began. I threatened to leave, he became abusive, I started cheating as well..you name it. We finally split in 07. He eventually gave into the rage of me leaving him by assulting a guy I was seeing. He is now in jail and I am living in another state. I'm now remarried with a toddler. Until the affair happened my ex was a VERY good husband, father, and provider. We attented church reg. and had weekly bible study at home etc. The guy Im married to now is a drug addict who basically has a good heart but way to many issues. I found out about his addiction while I was 6 months preg. aprx. a year before we married. So I knew going in but 1. I was scared of being alone and 2.I thought this was what I deserved after leaving my ex. Now that Im over the hurt of the affair I want my ex hubby back. Life is miserable without him. We had 11 wonderful years before the trouble. We've been together practically our whole lives.#confused
I hear you but remember your ex is abusive. I hear you focusing on his cheating & you are over that but you really can't trust your ex. I think he has a violent temper right?

Do you have family that you can go live with so your children don't have to grow up with a drug addict?

·
Registered
36 Posts

:iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree:
:smthumbup::smthumbup::smthumbup::smthumbup:

·
Registered
22 Posts
It seems that you are putting him on a pedestal in your mind. This is a guy that became abuisive and even attacked someone. He is in jail atm. I'm not saying he is totally horrible, but he has faults and you shouldn't focus on just the good stuff. You left him for a reason, a very valid reason imo. Agree with a bit much above, focus on you and your kids and find a way to fill that void
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Banned
8,908 Posts
Honestly, I think you should consider counselling to find out why you have such a desire to be in unhealthy relationships. I don't mean to be cruel, but something seems wrong with your people picker. And going back and forth from relationship to relationship without dealing with your core issues will just continue the cycle.

C

·
Registered
2 Posts
Life's really unpredictable. Just keep the faith and everything will be fine. A kechara healing chakras will help you find the answer. All is well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.