Talk About Marriage banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something that bugs me, and not just on this forum, is people who insist on quoting the ENTIRE OP when answering. Sometimes the OP can be paragraphs long, resulting in scroll, scroll, scroll though the quoted sections to get to the replies.

If the replier is adding in answers, within the original text, to make it clear what they're replying to, that's OK. But to quote the whole post just fills up the thread with unneeded text.

It's annoying.

*Disclaimer, i haven't had my morning coffee yet... :wink2:

·
Registered
6,677 Posts
Lol.😂
Ok fair enough,you should rename your thread meaningless pet peeves.
Mine is when I ask someone do they want a coke/cookie/chocolate bar/ice cream etc and they say no.Then I get myself one and they want to share it.😡

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol.😂
Ok fair enough,you should rename your thread meaningless pet peeves.
Mine is when I ask someone do they want a coke/cookie/chocolate bar/ice cream etc and they say no.Then I get myself one and they want to share it.😡
Oh heck yeah. That's really annoying too. :grin2:

·
Registered
13,714 Posts
Something that bugs me, and not just on this forum, is people who insist on quoting the ENTIRE OP when answering. Sometimes the OP can be paragraphs long, resulting in scroll, scroll, scroll though the quoted sections to get to the replies.

If the replier is adding in answers, within the original text, to make it clear what they're replying to, that's OK. But to quote the whole post just fills up the thread with unneeded text.

It's annoying.

IKR, I hate that too.

:grin2:

·
Premium Member
6,033 Posts

It's annoying.

I agree.

Members could practice better quote discipline ( 😂 ) and even edit the quote.

I like sites that won't quote the entire quoted string.
I really like sites that auto compress quotes that exceed a certain length.
If you want to read the full quote just tap on the "expand" link.

·
Banned
208 Posts

It's annoying.

I have not been able to only quote one paragraph. If I was on a computer yes but i am on an iPad which is new to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
I hate it when I write a really hard answer to a tricky question and some Moderator deletes the thread because sock puppet just before I hit submit.
arrrrrrrrrrgh

1 - 11 of 11 Posts