Talk About Marriage banner

Regarding enagagement ring, what metal would you prefer to give/ or recieve?

• Titanium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yellow Gold (14k/18k)

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • White Gold (14k/18k)

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Palladium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Platinum

Votes: 2 22.2%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Congratulate me, I recently got engaged to me fiance!!
I feel your pain with trying to find the perfect ring – it’s a daunting task that I recently went through and many men will eventually go through. This is why I decided to post this thread to inform all the gentlemen about to propose with the perfect engagement ring.
After purchasing a white gold engagement ring and having various problems with it, I decided to do with a more dominant metal- Platinum. My fiance and I couldn't be more happier I did some research on Platinum and want to share with everyone to make the engagement/ marriage process a bit more easier.
Platinum holds precious gems, especially expensive diamonds, securely Platinum jewelry is the perfect choice for a lifetime of everyday wear as it loses little metal over time. It does not tarnish or fade, and in fact retains it's color.
Platinum is a naturally white metal that will keep its brilliant white luster. The physical density of platinum gives it substance and a luxurious weight that denotes quality. The MOST important quality is that Platinum is 90 or 95% pure, whereas 18k gold is only 75% pure. In fact, Platinum is 30 times more rare than gold, which means that one will be getting or giving something exceptional that not everyone can possess.

For the confused guys out there (like me) I found out that 81% of women want and prefer a platinum ring!

So good luck finding that perfect engagement ring! Hope this helps!

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
i think as long as the ring is perfect for you both , it doesnt matter what other ppl think.
this is about your happiness and thats all that counts.
congratulations to you both and enjoy it.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
we were poor, i got a small solitaire. as i began to make more money, every year i committed to buying a larger diamond to put in the setting.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi,
I've been lurking for about a month here.
Just had to jump in on this topic.
I'm recently married and the choice for engagement ring was no ring at all. We just got wedding bands. The engagement ring, to me, was a symbol of everything I don't stand for.
Also, that first post seems a little odd. Is there a platinum council?
I agree that silver should have been an option as well.
Though I'd like to vote for no engagement ring of course.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Though I'd like to vote for no engagement ring of course.
I didnt have one either. My H bought me one, and it was really pretty, but I think engagement rings/wedding rings are just big money making schemes. Seems odd to me to buy a ring that costs so much.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
my wife basically picked it out, she ripped out photo's from magazines of rings she liked and "accidently" left them out for me...

gold with three diamonds

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
we didnt get engaged. the day before we married my H presented me with a matching sapphire and diamond set, earrings , necklace and pendant and ring.
i wore the set on our wedding day, it was something blue.
i wore the ring on my wedding finger until it was to small.
but i always wanted something special. not from engagement perspective.
i saw it as , the past , the present and the future.
some ppl have eternity rings also.
i dont have that.
but the engagement ring - eventually becomes the past , then you marry and your wedding ring becomes you present.
your eternity ring is the future.
either way ppl have different perceptions of how they feel and what they like to have.

·
Premium Member
981 Posts
I don't like gold (the color) on me, so I picked platinum. It's pretty dang heavy, so I take the engagement ring off each night, but keep my wedding ring on all the time. I really think the choice of metal is a personal preference in terms of the color, and also your budget at the time. My husband picked a band that is both white and yellow gold. Our rings don't match, but we each like what we chose.

·
Banned
1 Posts
PrestonP,
Great advice. I definitely agree that platinum is superior, especially for engagement rings. When we got engaged, I gave my wife aplatinum engagement ring. She loved it!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I agree platinum is has that wow factor, but I prefer white gold. The color has a slight warmth that compliments nearly all skin tones. Besides, I never take off my wedding band so it must coordinate with all other accesories. With WG I can wear yellow gold, bronze, silver, and not have the metals clash.

I also like the fact that since gold is softer than platinum or titanium, my band has tiny scratches that gives the ring less of a shine, but more of a soft glow.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.