Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wasn't sure where to put this really but it does say "talk about whatever."

What do you think about people who are always sick with something? Maybe they have a low immunity and just more prone?

My wife and I were discussing this yesterday when she told me a friend of hers, who has two boys are always sick with something. Every time you turn around they are sick with something. Stomach issues, dental issues, ear issues, eye issues. Head issues, feet issues, you name it they have either had it or got it again. And yes, I understand kids get sick, but some seem to be more sick than others more frequently.

Its not just kids either, I'm sure there are many adults too, who stay sick. Thoughts?

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
Low immunity for sure. It could be the child or adult was born that way or it could be the stress they are under effects thier immunity levels. Of course there are more things out there that effect ones health but I just listed a few lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
Oh yeah..... ITW beat me to it. :p
Posted via Mobile Device

Reactions: In_The_Wind

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mental Issues my guess!!! yes I am sure everyone knows folks like this
Could be, but, they are actually sick. So its not like the mother is a hypochondiac and just thinks they are, or they think they are, they actually are sick. They were born healthy, look healthy, weight looks fine. So I don't know they both are autistic but I don't think they makes a difference but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
I think it's diet and stress... You can't eat garbage all the time, be stressed out constantly, and have your immune system ready to fight all the bugs that go the rounds.
This is true. Diet plays a big part as well.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reactions: In_The_Wind

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do they eat at say Mcdonalds all the time or junk food ???
No their mother is a big time home cook. She just recently had thyroid surgery herself and her husbands mothers is very sick and her husband just went deaf in one ear not long ago and so did his brother. :scratchhead:

I wonder if they live near a nuclear plant? Or really exposed to chemicals. Hmmm? :scratchhead:

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wowza you could be on to something what the heck is she cooking ????
Home cooking....southern style foods veggies and fruits in many dishes..I'm sure diet can play a role but I kinda doubt thats the main culprit.

As I had said too, they are both autistic kids but doubt that plays a role. I'm sure there are many people who stay sick but not autistic.

·
Premium Member
4,034 Posts
Yes my wifes sister is autistic and she is healthy as a horse so i dont think that has anything to do with it but you mentioned that their mother has thyroid issues they should probably get checked for that in my opinion

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Frigging hypochondriacs! LMAO! They're just weak...I'm never (or rarely) sick.
I think thats more along the lines of people who just think they are sick....these actually are sick.

Reactions: Maricha75

·
Registered
17,204 Posts
Folks get sick but I expect a great deal of illness begins in the mind. I believe this is especially true for those who are "always" sick. Seems to me the happiest, most positive people tend to generally also enjoy the best health while those who seem to be pissed at the world are always sick with something. Large bodies of otherwise healthy soldiers get captured and put into POW camps. They endure the same treatment, eat the same food. Some will survive for years while others roll over, get sick, and quickly die. The main difference has to be between the ears.

·
Banned
620 Posts
Folks get sick but I expect a great deal of illness begins in the mind. I believe this is especially true for those who are "always" sick. Seems to me the happiest, most positive people tend to generally also enjoy the best health while those who seem to be pissed at the world are always sick with something. Large bodies of otherwise healthy soldiers get captured and put into POW camps. They endure the same treatment, eat the same food. Some will survive for years while others roll over, get sick, and quickly die. The main difference has to be between the ears.
egggzactly. I NEVER get sick. When I feel something coming on I don't think oh, I'm sick. I think, yeah, I got a lil something, but I'll beat it. I may be down for a day like once a year.

my wife is on the other end of the scale from me on this issue. A sneeze and she is on antibiotics. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My wife recently read a book based on that all physical heath begins as mind heath first. As in whatever happens in the body comes from the mind first. Stress starts in the mind first so then it can manifest its self into physical illnesses as well. Maybe thats the key.

·
Banned
620 Posts
My wife recently read a book based on that all physical heath begins as mind heath first. As in whatever happens in the body comes from the mind first. Stress starts in the mind first so then it can manifest its self into physical illnesses as well. Maybe thats the key.
the power of your subconcious mind is a great book about this kind of thing.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.