Talk About Marriage banner
61 - 80 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
The Earthspirit adventure looks great to me if you want to unload all your earthly concerns and have the time of your life communing with nature and each other 🤮

They even have a Sex and Sexuality culture statement! How thoughtful.

From the site:
"We value our sensuality. Physical touch and sexuality are aspects of our experience that can bring pleasure and power and joy. We value the ways we can connect with others through our bodies and shared sensual and sexual experiences. "

Sorry OP. It's not looking good.
My bad for not doing research of this place,, assumed it was just some sort of conference place with accommodation where she and her girlfriend would do volunteer work. Bit of a OE thing to enjoy and experience and then come back to life in NZ. After reading their statement, feel even more gutted... Could I hold her back from going if I did the research?... probably not, even if I did, think deep resentment would have come into the relationship.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Nowadays it is fairly common for a couple to 'live together' as husband and wife,

NOT live together as room mates/ to date 5 years,
When they go out to a party they go as a couple , she is presented as my woman /
My Partner , the one of girlfriend is dropped ,
Here the word is ma femme, the same word as my wife

Anyone that thinks after 5 years they are just dating is leading someone on and have a more looser mentality more like a swinger .

I know of a friend she married her first love after 5 years divorce
she is living with her boyfriend with 37 years now when she talks about him
she says my husband Jean Paul , they own their own house ,and both are retired now ,

In France many people now get P.A.C.S. it is the lightest form of marrage,
P.A.C.S. stands for “pacte civil de solidarité” and is a legal union in France between two people of either sex. When you are in it, you are both said to be “paces,” pronounced “pack say.” The P.A.C.S. was introduced in 1999 in response to pressure from same-sex couples to have the same legal rights as straight, married couples. Partners sign a contract, which is stamped by a court clerk and they can choose to have a ceremony at the Town Hall.
In New Zealand, living together is just about the norm...we tend now to address our wife, girlfriend or whatever the relationship may be as partner. Very much part of NZ culture.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Why don't you look up the place online and see if it could be a nudist camp or at times take groups who are nudist. If you don't see anything online call them and ask if nudist groups are welcome there. Honestly to me it sounds like she is just into the nudist lifestyle.
She is a bit but very privately...sometimes when are out in the beach together and no one is around she will go for an all over tan...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
You should STOP talking to her while she is there. You are giving her the impression that it is OK for her to cheat on you and rub it in your face afterwards. This is exactly what she seems to have done to you.

You are trying to 'move on' with this:

RED FLAG++

Sorry to see you in this situation. The gravity of this situation will dawn on you soon.

You should re-evaluate your relationship with this woman.

STOP talking to her while she is there. Let her WORRY about you while she is there instead.

Wait for her to come back from this trip and then talk to her. Now tell her how she have disrespected you and your relationship, and you have decided to re-evaluate it with her. Then send her on her way.
Sadly this is a real option at this stage.. her comments made me look at myself first to see if I was off track and need to 'get over myself' Feedback so far has given me validation that what i felt was very legitimate..

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
This just seems utterly ridiculous.
I responding to what she told me...seems absolutely bizarre that man could come to a (small) spa while being occupied by a woman he's never met and jump in naked. What man does that?. Could he first ask if it was ok??: Had some anger towards that man. And yes, she should of said to him 'this is inappropriate, could you first get dressed before getting in'. But by letting him in and chatting with him, I felt she was accepting him and sent a message to him of welcoming him. And repeated a second night. To me, a very clear message...
The whole thing is bizarre and ridiculous. I guess that man will carry on happy as and not know the collateral damage he's left behind

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
In my opinion the way things happened she liked those moments and my her noticing the elephant's trunk floating around is because she was actively seeking to see it. I can't say something actually happened because there's no way to know but I'm pretty sure she enjoyed the moment with the naked guy.
Same thoughts too...thats the impression I get...enjoyment

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
In New Zealand, living together is just about the norm...we tend now to address our wife, girlfriend or whatever the relationship may be as partner. Very much part of NZ culture.
exact same here , and in many other parts of the world even if some don't want to admit it ,
I think it was not your mistake in not researching what type place it was , but her for not giving you the full info , she was hiding it

Reactions: syhoybenden

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Wow, it's clearly encouraging sexual contact. No committed person should even think of going to a place like that. OP, didnt you look at their website?
@Andy1959 I think you have been a victim of "damage control."

It's possible your GF got up to something in the hot tub which her friend might have taken exception to. "Wow! What the hell were you thinking? What would Andy think if he knew you are on the other side of the world getting it on with a dude old enough to be your father?"

GF would then have thought: "Oh, no! What if she tells Andy? I know! I'll give him a sanitised version about my encounter with that man!"

Volunteering there is through well-established groups called WWOOF (World Wide Opportunities on Organic Farms), HelpX (Help Exchange) and WorldPackers.

EarthSpirit Centre :: Spa

To be honest if they knew this sort of behaviour was going on I think they'd be very concerned indeed.
A very real possibility...sharing a sanitised version. Any future discussions would then quickly be shut down with 'nothing happened' and of course "get over yourself'

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Thank you all you guys for the feedback received. Really appreciated it...this is a great site and for people like me to off load deep concerns, do feel it has taken some of the stress away and given me empowerment to not be ashamed on how I felt. . I need to now turn it back on her when get gets back and tell her, no, there is not something is wrong with me. Whether we continue together remains questionable but will see how it plays out.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Thank you all you guys for the feedback received. Really appreciated it...this is a great site and for people like me to off load deep concerns, do feel it has taken some of the stress away and given me empowerment to not be ashamed on how I felt. . I need to now turn it back on her when get gets back and tell her, no, there is not something is wrong with me. Whether we continue together remains questionable but will see how it plays out.
You made a very good decision to post in this forum.

You have invested much time and energy on this woman to cultivate a relationship with her but facing betrayal now.

[Metaphorically speaking]She have stabbed you in the heart. You were smiling at her but felt something sharp in your chest and when you looked down at it, you were shocked to see it.[/Metaphorically speaking]

But you are "supposed to" get over it.

Pain will be tremendous.

You have time to recollect yourself. Grieve and vent in your home. But understand that this was NOT YOUR FAULT.

Stop talking to her while she is there. This will allow you to reflect on her actions, come to terms with her betrayal, and HARDEN yourself (mentally). Prepare yourself to cope with her "games" when she will come back and reach out to you. She will minimize her "experiences," try to gaslight you, and possibly blame you. She might try to make it up to you as well. Typical.

Provide an update here when she comes back and have talks with you.

Let [us] see how it goes.

·
Registered
6,928 Posts
The Earthspirit adventure looks great to me if you want to unload all your earthly concerns and have the time of your life communing with nature and each other 🤮

They even have a Sex and Sexuality culture statement! How thoughtful.

From the site:
"We value our sensuality. Physical touch and sexuality are aspects of our experience that can bring pleasure and power and joy. We value the ways we can connect with others through our bodies and shared sensual and sexual experiences. "

Sorry OP. It's not looking good.
I don't think it's that one... but this one... it looks like a "normal" retreat type of place... it's the one @MattMatt linked too...

·
Registered
12,121 Posts
I don't think it's that one... but this one... it looks like a "normal" retreat type of place... it's the one @MattMatt linked too...

I had a browse around. I've not been to a 'retreat' type place before although have semi-joked it may be good to go to one some time. Each to their own if this looks like a 'normal' or 'typical' one. I think in my mind when I've envisioned such a place it's more like a 5-star hotel of facilities. Perhaps where I just go hang out and read in the sunshine on a manicured lawn and get served green tea and fresh healthy meals before going for my daily massage. :LOL: Less so the compost loos. Still, each to their own. I'm more yuppie than 'hippie' (not that compost loos are necessarily hippie).

Anyway, for OP, yes your partner could have requested that he have swimwear or if she didn't feel 'right' in that and perhaps given the environment/nature of the place, then could have raised it with management afterwards. I saw they had a gay tantra workshop or something recently, so the elderly man that joined her in the tub and arrived with another man who went to shower may well have been gay. Regardless of sexual orientation, she could have addressed it somehow if she had wanted. To suggest otherwise or that you have an issue is a cop-out. Given the nature of the place though, I would also surmise she likely just went with the flow and didn't interpret any harm. Granted, didn't necessarily encourage or discourage it either. Aside from the naked part, it can't just be me thinking it would have been more considerate of naked man to at least rinse off before joining. I know, not the point..!

Reactions: MattMatt

·
Registered
6,928 Posts
I had a browse around. I've not been to a 'retreat' type place before although have semi-joked it may be good to go to one some time. Each to their own if this looks like a 'normal' or 'typical' one. I think in my mind when I've envisioned such a place it's more like a 5-star hotel of facilities. Perhaps where I just go hang out and read in the sunshine on a manicured lawn and get served green tea and fresh healthy meals before going for my daily massage. :LOL: Less so the compost loos. Still, each to their own. I'm more yuppie than 'hippie' (not that compost loos are necessarily hippie).

Anyway, for OP, yes your partner could have requested that he have swimwear or if she didn't feel 'right' in that and perhaps given the environment/nature of the place, then could have raised it with management afterwards. I saw they had a gay tantra workshop or something recently, so the elderly man that joined her in the tub and arrived with another man who went to shower may well have been gay. Regardless of sexual orientation, she could have addressed it somehow if she had wanted. To suggest otherwise or that you have an issue is a cop-out. Given the nature of the place though, I would also surmise she likely just went with the flow and didn't interpret any harm. Granted, didn't necessarily encourage or discourage it either. Aside from the naked part, it can't just be me thinking it would have been more considerate of naked man to at least rinse off before joining. I know, not the point..!
It seems like your standard UK retreat where they hold all sorts of alternative tantra/healing/nutrition/meditation events... there are also events for gay men and also sensual mastery for women... :) but it looks very legit to me with nothing dodgy going on...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Ya know most of these type places have cameras all over the place.. if you can figure out the exact dates and times , you may be able to request footage of those times and dates from the resort. Almost all hotels ect. Here have hallway cameras that lead to rooms . It they could provide footage maybe you could see the spa tub or if she entered his room. Just food for thought. Also, how well do you know her GF that invited her ? Like another poster pointed out she could be doing damage control because the GF could spill the beans. When your GF returns you should bounce it off of the girl that invited her. And yes your feelings are real...I've been in your shoes. Trust your gut!!

·
Registered
6,928 Posts
Ya know most of these type places have cameras all over the place.. if you can figure out the exact dates and times , you may be able to request footage of those times and dates from the resort. Almost all hotels ect. Here have hallway cameras that lead to rooms . It they could provide footage maybe you could see the spa tub or if she entered his room. Just food for thought. Also, how well do you know her GF that invited her ? Like another poster pointed out she could be doing damage control because the GF could spill the beans. When your GF returns you should bounce it off of the girl that invited her. And yes your feelings are real...I've been in your shoes. Trust your gut!!
Unless there's been some crime and the police is involved, I doubt the retreat is going to send their footage to a random guy from NZ, even if his partner works there... :)

·
Registered
1,444 Posts

I would expect he asked if it was ok to join her and she excepted
HE COULD ASK for footage , If I was them I would tell him sorry we don't give that out , unless you think there was a crime and you get the police to ask

Reactions: MattMatt

·
Super Moderator
32,080 Posts
They'd probably claim Data Protection as a reason for not handing over the footage. As we used to say.

However, a report to whichever organisation your wife volunteered with would be a good idea. After all, this time he reportedly didn't do anything to the volunteer, but what about next time?

This could actually turn out to be quite a serious matter.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
I bet that they entered the spa together. This wasn’t a surprise to her.

They met, liked each other, and included the spa as part of their evening with the final spot back in his place.

This makes much more sense than a random/chance encounter, a bold naked dude, she’s like “meh, whatever, come on in”, and oh yea, “how do I get back to my room I can’t recall?”. Ha yea right.

I can’t quite understand why she would tell OP anything at all unless the gf‘s friend was witness to them chatting each other up and noticed the stay in his room (someone else mentioned ’damage control’).

She probably didn’t plan on the friend walking by the spa while they were there. So now there’s a witness.

In this case, a good step might be for OP to have a chat with the friend. Realistically, I wouldn’t do that. But if OP knows her too then it might be a way to get more facts.

61 - 80 of 171 Posts