Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I have been married for 5 years and have a 4 year old daughter. Once we get married, I focused on my family, balance my work and family, and basically take care of house chores and our daughter myself. My wife, on the other hand, is a very ambition career lady who wants to climb the corporate ladder. Career comes first before the family for her. Distribution of house chores has always been an issue for us, with me getting tired from doing all the works and getting no help or appreciation from her. I tried to have a nice chat with her on this issue first, and when I couldn't get her attention, start to yell at her couple times. She would just take the yelling and leave afterward.

In the beginning of July, when we ready to go to sleep, there was a fairly intimate text message came on her cell phone from a co-worker. I asked her about it, and she said it was just a joke. and I decided to let it go. Couple days later, I found out that she is seriously googling this co-worker, and in one of her emails, she says how special he is in her heart. I was angry and confront her about the email. She said she is sorry and it was just flirting gone to far. Afterward we made up and I told her that I do not tolerate this behavior. She said she understands, but also said that she is starting a business with this co-worker.

But her behavior started to change, she would keep her iphone really close and emailing, texting, and calling outside house. Eventually she said because I don't give her the space she needs, she is falling in love with this co-worker. She then moved upstair while I stayed downstair. We had another fight and I actually went to the OM house and asked him to stop it. Of course, the OM denies everything.

After couple days of fight, I went and talked to her that it is pointless to keep fighting over this OM. I forgive her if she can stop contacting OM. Things seem to be ok for a week, but then she came home one night and says she wants a divorce without giving me a reason why. Looking at her cell phone bill, she talked to the OM for 78min right before coming home. I also found out that she create a gmail account. Looking into her account, there is one email which she says how much she misses him, and how much time she enjoyed spending with him (on the day when we had our heart to heart conversion). I got really angry when I saw the email, took her to the OM house, and expose everything in front of her, the OM, and OM wife. I then took our daughter and lived in my sister's house for awhile. Then one night she called me up and saying she is sorry and wants us back in the house. She didn't blame herself for what has happened, but blaming everything on me for what happened. Trying to save this marriage, I told her that I will make the changes she asked for in order to save my marriage. She complained that I was yelling her all the times, which I have changed now and no longer yelled at her anymore.

For the Labor Day weekend, I took our family on a mini vacation to just relax. But once we came back from vacation, I noticed she starts to grow distant and cold again. She won't let me touch, hold, or kiss her. Couple times when I walk by her, she would quickly close her laptop. I got a little bit suspicious, started to snooped around a bit, and found out she had created a 2nd gmail account. In this email account, she has gone from flirting to openly saying how much she loves him and OM also tells her how much he loves her. (this really hurts me as I thought our marriage was starting to work and she was doing this behind my back) I confronted her about the emails and she got angry at me for reading her emails. Right now, she has moved upstair, won't talk to me, but continues email conversion and phone call with this OM.

I am done with being Mr. Nice Guy and completely ignoring her. I told her that I would file for divorce if she does not cut off communication with this OM and keep all communication open. She came home last night, said she wants a divorce from me. No apology, no remorse, no regret for what she has done. The funny thing is that this OM is married and just had a baby. But my wife says she is willing to wait for this OM getting divorced than being with me.

Right now, I plan to go to the lawyer to start the divorce process, but still have hope that she would turn around. Or is she gone too far to have any chance? She does not really respect me or my need multiple times, is this marriage really worth saving? Should I expose the whole thing to OM wife?

Thanks for reading

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
dan,

You're doing the right thing by filing.

She has lied to you, possibly exposed you to STDs (get tested by the way because she probably already slept with him) and has totally disrespected you.

Look up the 180 and implement it now!

Good luck

·
Registered
855 Posts
So she cheated on you, then blamed you for it and you took her back? And now she's still cheating on you? It's over. Bringing in the OM's wife will f*ck him over, but it isn't going to help you.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Use exposure to kill the affair. Find the weak spots of both her and the OM...i.e. Her parents, thier bosses, his parents etc.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I exposed the affair to her family and our friends, but she isn't listening and just stonewalling everyone.

·
Banned
6,984 Posts
You give terrible advice Drover.

OP, yes, tell his wife!! Then get as much evidence as you can and expose these two to the company they are working for. get the HR department involved. You have done more than you fair share to keep the family intact You wife simply has no respect for you. If you concede more than this, you are only enabling her selfish behavior. File for divorce and start the 180. It will be against your natural instinct but you need to do it. If she apologizes and is prepared to work for the marriage, you can stall the divorce.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Did you exposed the recent development to OMW?

she is broken and you cant fix her. Let her go and have her fun.dont allow this to happen under your nose and humiliate you, so file for D.

·
Premium Member
8,994 Posts
Bringing in the OM's wife will f*ck him over, but it isn't going to help you.
NO

1) It helps destroy the affair when it gets exposed as the excitement from the secret relationship loses it's luster
2) the OMW deserves to know
3) Often AP will throw the WS under the bus to save their marriage, further helping to destroy the affair

·
Registered
634 Posts
I would say file for divorce just like she wants. Then contact the MOM wife. Then see what happens. The marriage will only be worth saving if she is willing to do the work.

·
Registered
987 Posts
There is no privacy in a marriage. Need of Privacy means she is hiding/doing something awkward on your back. Here its cheating.

If she is pissed off for reading her email ask her to **** off and offer your account.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I didn't give any. :scratchhead:

But this marriage is done like dinner. This is not salvageable.

Killing the affair is not going to fix this.
Why is it done like dinner? His wife is still clearly in the affair and he hasn't completely gone nuclear on the affair while what appears to be half rug sweeping it. If he goes nuclear and kills the fantasy of the affair there is a chance his wife could wake up.

At five years and with a child I'm sure there is some good and honest history they could grasp onto if they decided to R. There are situations where it seems that a relationship cannot be fixed, but this isnt one of them.

To the OP, file, do the 180 and then watch the ACTIONS of your WW and decide for yourself if you want to work on the marriage if she comes back to the table 100%.

When she gets served, shell cry, shell beg. I fell for it for a bit, dont fall for it, watch what she DOES, not her tears.

·
Registered
956 Posts
This affair just went underground and it will go deeper and she will escalate to a rock hard in love with AP affair. Now, stop being a nice guy.

Right now this will sound tough, but 4 pages into your own thread you will realize how you were not smarter before. Youre a walk over, a pushover, a doormat, a loser, too nice of a guy trying to fix things by nicing your wife. Never works. DO NOT HAVE SEX WITH HER. It clouds your mind, she will try to use that to keep you satisfied on her end so she can relax and cake eat. Start ignoring her and move on with your children first in mind, your health and needs second. You need to not speak to her or relate to her any of youre feelings, heartaches, or show emotions in front of her. You will give YOURSELF space because you need to think clearly and be focused that bringing your wayward wife back means kicking her to the curb to WAKEUP.

This other man is married. If you kick her out she wont stay at his house. Make it as difficult as you can for her. Throw all her things in trash bags and leave them on the lawn or on OM lawn. Tell her she needs to find another place to live her single lifestyle with no arguing, just statements. Dont respond to te,ts or phone calls from her or OM. Unless your kids are with her than answer a phone call etc.

Remember that she has moved on, away and beyond from you and has set herself onto he OM once you realize that she cannot see you anymore you need to act against that by laying the law down! Treat her like a teenager because thats how she is acting. Dont listen to her ranting, whining, this is all her fault amd she has driven you to throw her out because she abandoned ship, so ship out!

Dont take her back unless she is on her knees begging, crying and shows actions to doing WHATEVER YOU DEMAND. No contact, no luncheons, no company parties, no GNO no sleep overs, no opposite sex friends etc!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
I'm with drover. This marriage is finished.

There is nothing left to save. Exposing to everyone is always best because you already know she is the type that will try and turn it around on you. So if nothing else salvage your own reputation so that it never gets back to your daughter that you did something wrong.

As far as her coming back to you, why would you want her?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks everyone for the reply. Right now, I scheduled an appointment with the family lawyer next Wed and will ask her to move out. How do I go nuclear on this affair? Expose it to OM's wife?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Be prepared for a couple things.

1. You need to expose it to the OMW. Just like you needed to know, so does she.
2. Expect the OM to go into full "save my marriage" mode and kick your WW to the curb
3. Expect your WW to come crawling back to save her marriage when she realizes what she's done
4. Recognize this isn't her "clearing the fog" this is her settling for Plan B. Don't be Plan B. This is your chance to say "You had REAL love with me and Fake BS love with him. I was always here for you, where is he? I certainly hope you enjoy living with your choices and your messed up priorities."

·
Premium Member
2,715 Posts
Thanks everyone for the reply. Right now, I scheduled an appointment with the family lawyer next Wed and will ask her to move out. How do I go nuclear on this affair? Expose it to OM's wife?

Thanks
Start by re-reading cleanjerksnatch's missive. Then memorize it. Then act on it. NOW

Dad&hubby too!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.