Talk About Marriage banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I have to be careful with aspirin because I am on the blood thinner Warfarin but I will ask my Dr. Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I get headaches sometimes if things build very quickly, or if I've been gasping, hyperventilating or holding my breath and haven't noticed. My husband looks out for it now and usually we can avoid it. He will either slow down or remind me to breathe. So from that I gather it's sort of oxygen deprivation, which makes sense that it causes a quick headache.

Also making sure to be well hydrated helps too as I lose lot of fluid when I climax.

·
Registered
7,559 Posts
I all. My wife and I have been on the forum for a while but this is my first post. (Husband) I have a question mostly for the ladies. Have any of you ever experienced orgasm headaches? My wife has had this issue occasionally for a while but it has become an issue with me because it has become a total "buzz kill" for me. I don't really enjoy sex with her anymore because I don't like seeing her in pain. I never know whether it will happen or not. (neither does she) She has very intense orgasms, even when she masturbates (which we both do sometimes separately, but mostly together) She has a been reluctant to discuss this with her gyno because she is a very private person when it comes to sex but she is going to at her next appointment in early October. Are there any other ladies/couples who have experienced this? If so how do you handle it? Thanks for your help.
And she does need to share this with her gyno.

If her gyno isn't the one to discuss health issues related to sex, who in the world is??

·
Registered
75 Posts
I all. My wife and I have been on the forum for a while but this is my first post. (Husband) I have a question mostly for the ladies. Have any of you ever experienced orgasm headaches? My wife has had this issue occasionally for a while but it has become an issue with me because it has become a total "buzz kill" for me. I don't really enjoy sex with her anymore because I don't like seeing her in pain. I never know whether it will happen or not. (neither does she) She has very intense orgasms, even when she masturbates (which we both do sometimes separately, but mostly together) She has a been reluctant to discuss this with her gyno because she is a very private person when it comes to sex but she is going to at her next appointment in early October. Are there any other ladies/couples who have experienced this? If so how do you handle it? Thanks for your help.
I am not a doctor and I am not giving medical advice.... My aunt was having issues with getting headaches whenever she would do anything strenuous that raised blood pressure like exercise or heavy work. I have no idea if it happened during sex lol and I am not asking either 🙃

She went to her doctor and got blood work done. She found out she had a high red blood cell count and stage 1 hypertension. Her doctor said the blood thickens with high red blood cell count and along with high blood pressure, that would explain the headaches during exercise, etc. Her treatment includes bp meds, donating blood once a month which lowers red blood cell count, and something else I dont remember.

After six months she said it was better, but still happening. She got a head scan where they found an aneurysm. .... i didn't know it, but there are multiple types of aneurysms with some being more dangerous than the others. Apparently hers was the kind that isn't so good. She was in surgery less than a week later and everything went well as did recovery.

After recovery, the headaches during activity have stopped.... Again, I am not a doctor. I just saw this and it sounded relatable to what my aunt went through. She said her surgeon said the pressure caused the aneurysm to swell which caused the headaches. If it ruptured, she probably would of been gone before hitting the ground. And a lot of people have aneurysms without ever finding out. Its a common cause of death for people who appear healthy and just suddenly collapse.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
if you are getting headaches...how about the obvious: take a baby aspirin before having sex, and see if that helps.
the aspirin will open your blood vessels, and keep your blood pressure somewhat down

·
Registered
14 Posts
She said her surgeon said the pressure caused the aneurysm to swell which caused the headaches. If it ruptured, she probably would of been gone before hitting the ground. And a lot of people have aneurysms without ever finding out. Its a common cause of death for people who appear healthy and just suddenly collapse.
My husband did not have high blood pressure, but yes, he had a blood bleed after having sex with me. So I would STRONGLY urge you to see a neurologist to rule this out. The neurologist says he sees at least 2 a month that are head bleeds from orgasms. That shocked me. No one talks about this. So get it checked out.

·
Registered
75 Posts
My husband did not have high blood pressure, but yes, he had a blood bleed after having sex with me. So I would STRONGLY urge you to see a neurologist to rule this out. The neurologist says he sees at least 2 a month that are head bleeds from orgasms. That shocked me. No one talks about this. So get it checked out.
The human body is such a complex machine. Everything from hormones, high blood pressure, genetics, bmi, etc affects us in some way.

It really takes a skilled person to become a good doctor. We dont have ports like cars to connect scanners and look for codes. I am really amazed to see a good doctor figure out a problem.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts