Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband has been playing a racing game online for the last couple of years. Than about 8 months ago he started spending all his free time on the game mostly chatting with other players. After spending New Years Eve alone because he was to busy chatting I finally confronted him about it.He said he was sorry for spending all his time on there and he started spending more time with me but still insists on playing his game. A few weeks ago I found out a lot of the time he is chatting with another women he says she is just a friend and he loves me very much. So i guess my question is am I over reacting to him forming a personal relationship with another women online a women I don't know anything about a women he seems to not want to talk about with me. I have no idea what they are talking about and feel guilty for distrusting him. We have been together 22 years married for 20 of them.

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
You have every right to tell him to stop. And do NOT feel guilty about it!!!!!

Read this book

Dr. Shirley Glass - NOT "Just Friends"

He is having an emotional affair with this woman. Either he stops and never does such a thing again, or you divorce him.

Please read the newbie link in my signature.

·
Premium Member
6,621 Posts
You are not overreacting. He is involved in a relationship that is taking away from your marriage. Just because it is on-line does not mean it isn't real. It can severely damage your marriage. It is time to set boundaries with him and stick to them.

Reactions: Aunt Ava

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
My husband has been playing a racing game online for the last couple of years. Than about 8 months ago he started spending all his free time on the game mostly chatting with other players. After spending New Years Eve alone because he was to busy chatting I finally confronted him about it.He said he was sorry for spending all his time on there and he started spending more time with me but still insists on playing his game. A few weeks ago I found out a lot of the time he is chatting with another women he says she is just a friend and he loves me very much. So i guess my question is am I over reacting to him forming a personal relationship with another women online a women I don't know anything about a women he seems to not want to talk about with me. I have no idea what they are talking about and feel guilty for distrusting him. We have been together 22 years married for 20 of them.
You are not overracting.

He's having an EA with this woman. You must confront him but first learn all about EA's & this site is a wealth of information.

Good luck & I'm sorry you are here.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Why would you feel guilty? He is the one hiding a relationship with another woman, he refuses to tell you what they discuss- install a key logger.
Is there any way you can access the chat logs from his game? You need to know exactly what's going on, and you can't trust him to tell the truth about it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.