Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 419 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I met two women online. Eventually talked on the phone and then met for coffee or something quick. Neither looked like the pictures they posted. And apparently "average" body type means they used to be average or want to be average but are really are not! End of my rant.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
I've heard that from so many people over the years about online dating.It's really so unfair to use an outdated or strategically cropped photo to make yourself look better.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Same experiences here. Match, Plentyoffish, *******, all the same things. Expensive for me as well, so pretty useless if you cant pay for it.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Skinny = skinny or average
Average = Fat
Athletic = Fat
A few extra pounds = alot of extra pounds

Kind of silly too as you can only hide it for so long. Bold face lie in my book. Why not be honest and when you have someone interested you will know they like you how you truly are.

·
Banned
2,585 Posts
Ha ha ha! This thread made me laugh out loud...

All I ever got from online dating was pictures of men's peepees...

One day 2 Junes ago, I was determined that I was going to meet Mr. Right. Set myself up an online profile on POF on the Friday night, and started tapping away and the potential Mr. Rights...

The next day, at the shop I worked at, a male friend of 2 of my other good friends came in for a chat, and we all met up for drinks that evening. The friend and me have been together ever since.

So my experience with online dating worked great! LMAO!! As soon as I decided I wanted to meet someone, it worked right away! Too bad my meeting him had absolutely nothing to do with my online dating profile...

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Men who send pictures of their pee pees should have them cut off! Seriously, does that ever work for these guys?

·
Banned
2,585 Posts
Lol @weiner pics

It's funny they feel it's special enough to send to a total stranger.
Posted via Mobile Device
The first time it happened, I was shocked...then it kept happening! Lava Life was the WORST. Worst.

My husband can't believe that guys used to do that to me. We were once going to set up a profile just to see how long it took for me to get a peenie pic...:lol:

·
Banned
2,585 Posts
Online dating...I think you have to be the right type of person to find it useful. I was definitely not that type of person.

I never met anyone (in person) that I met online. It almost happened twice, but he backed out (ended up that he was married, shocker). The other guy, well, we were going to be in the same city, briefly, but we just missed one another. He was also married, I found out. Pffft!

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Skinny = skinny or average
Average = Fat
Athletic = Fat
A few extra pounds = alot of extra pounds

Kind of silly too as you can only hide it for so long. Bold face lie in my book. Why not be honest and when you have someone interested you will know they like you how you truly are.
I really don't get it. I am not THAT hung up on looks but a woman I agreed to meet a while ago had a few nice photos, sure she had what I would call a few extra pounds in the photos..I waited for her at a cafe. looking out for her and then there was a tap on the shoulder. This woman was cubic. I mean. NO RELATION to her photo at all. She seemed to think it was okay to blatantly lie to me. Needless to say, it didn't go past a coffee.

Brand New life = I cheated
No baggage = I have enough for both of us
Walk on beach /watch DVD = I want my old life back without the bad bits
FUN = sex
Must be honest = I was cheated on
Any mention of karma = I was cheated on and dragged through hell
My children are my world = You had better like them or fck off

·
Administrator
45,166 Posts
I was going to put up a dating profile a while back but decided not to. The more I looked to profiles of both men and women it looked so fake... they really say nothing about the person.

It seems that a lot of the men were putting up current photos. And those were scary because so many looked like they could care less about even combing their hair. (I was on sites for seniors)

Maybe it's better to just do things you like to do. Don't focus on meeting someone.

I've been looking at the meetup.com site and this looks like a better approach to me. It's not about dating. It's about getting out there and doing things you enjoy.

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
:lol: Love the cubic reference.

Well a met some nice men from online dating, mostly they were older than their pics but it didn't phase me too much.

Fun = sex, yes and that was what I was there for.

But then I met the man that is now my partner online, neither of us were looking for anything serious but here we are, in love and very happy.

·
Registered
6,871 Posts
Brand New life = I cheated
No baggage = I have enough for both of us
Walk on beach /watch DVD = I want my old life back without the bad bits
FUN = sex
Must be honest = I was cheated on
Any mention of karma = I was cheated on and dragged through hell
My children are my world = You had better like them or fck off
The problem with applying those (frighteningly accurate) decoder terms, is that eventually you will want to meet someone for whom those are actually true, so since they all say it there is no way to tell the liars from the authentic ones without spending a lot of time with them.

But how are us gentle, decent respectable guys ever supposed to even get their attention when they are being inundated with 10" schlongs :p

naw, I know that's not the problem, but it is a two way credibility issue.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I got very lucky and met my boyfriend on *******. We've been dating for over a year. For me I think it worked well. If I were out now looking I'd go for the meet ups that happen in town. But at the time the online thing was best for me as I work in a female dominated profession where men are pretty scarce, and I spend the rest of my time with my kids.

·
Banned
788 Posts
Sounds to me like several who posted on this thread tried online dating briefly, met a few deceptive people and gave up.

You gotta keep at it, you gotta expect deception and dishonesty, and understand that you'll have a lot of bad first meetups but if you don't get discouraged and keep at it, you'll eventually find someone.

Online dating has been very good to me. Here's some tips from a self proclaimed "expert"

- Be honest with your own profile pictures and description
- Expect them to be deceptive in their profiles
- Consider using video chat so you can see them live on your screen before that first meeting
- Make that first meet short and cheap. Coffee, a diner, or a walk in the park. If things click, you can extend or schedule a more official date.
- Don't spend a lot of time messaging and chatting on the phone before that first meetup.
- Talk to several people at once, that way when you're disappointed by one, you've got another lined up that just might be better.

That's for starters

·
Administrator
45,166 Posts
The problem with applying those (frighteningly accurate) decoder terms, is that eventually you will want to meet someone for whom those are actually true, so since they all say it there is no way to tell the liars from the authentic ones without spending a lot of time with them.

But how are us gentle, decent respectable guys ever supposed to even get their attention when they are being inundated with 10" schlongs :p

naw, I know that's not the problem, but it is a two way credibility issue.
Just don't send the ladies pictures of you Johnson.... You will apprently be one of the few men who don't. So if you are looking for a woman who is looking for something real, you will be an obvious choice.

1 - 20 of 419 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.