Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nobody is perfect. I am sure there are those who think they are. :rolleyes: What is something that you are aware of that you might consider a flaw in your character. Or maybe not flaw but something that is part of what makes you you.

Here is one of mine:

I am right until proven wrong. :eek::rolleyes:

·
Registered
20,603 Posts

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hahaha. :p

Sometimes I can be too serious.
Sometimes I am too sensitive.

I have the ability to cut people out of my life completely and forever. I am not sure yet if this is a good or bad thing but it is what it is. I am very good at making surgical cuts.
Ditto...my mother is the same way. I blame it on her. :D
Dang I am up to three!

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I dont always listen well enough. I dont pay attention well enough, and too often I am merely waiting to talk rather than just effing listening.

Its hard to admit it, but I am aware I do this. So I really try to listen to what people are saying and get into their heads and read body language.

Before I start telling them how wrong they are. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
I have an "artisan temperament" which has positive and negative attributes. The negative is that the hopeless romantic in me can cause me impractical and to be easily hurt. I can also be way too beta and want to please people at all costs. Sometimes, I feel like such a "girl"!!!

Reactions: Odaat

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Reactions: HopelesslyJaded

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
...I can even cry at commercials...geez!!!
funny. Sorta.

I never cried as an adult, really. Ever. Actually, I thought I was emotionally stunted until I was near 40 years old. Can I confess to you people? I remember going to a funeral for a close cousin when I was 25 and everyone was cryng and I just felt empty like a blank slate. I think my emotional 'training' ran deep.

Eventually, I began to see, and experience - more of lifes little tragedies at a personal level. Not just tragedies either, but joys. Some of it injected me with a heavy dose of empathy or something. Whatever it is.

I am more wise now. Or at least I think so. Now - seeing people cry can even get me weepy.. Its a bit disturbing. Nobody is supposed to see me cry - its actually terrifying. I remember blubbering at my dads funeral and the look on my wifes face seemed to be fear when she looked at me - not easy to see. I mean, Im the guy, right? WTF is going on? Now I can name 5 songs and 10 movies that will get me going pretty predictably.

So you can just please stay the heck away from me. Back off Mr. Weeper. ;)

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
I am my biggest character flaw. :p Seriously though... here are some of mine.

1. My temper.
2. I hold grudges for years and years and years.
3. I'm apparently waaay to serious because everytime I do something silly people around me act all shocked.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reactions: OldGirl

·
Premium Member
751 Posts

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
- I am unemotional, even in places where emotion would be expected.

- I am impatient.

- I am unaffectionate.

- I am opinionated, which can make me come off as loud and pushy.

- I tend to give up on things/people after awhile, and once I decide I am done, I am done.

- I am a perfectionist, which makes me appear critical and judging to others.

- I am forgetful, people have to tell me things a thousand times before it sticks and get annoyed when I ask the same questions over and over.

- I am aggressive when I feel like I have been wronged.

- I can be shy in certain social situations, and I think peoples first impression of me is that I am a b!tch because of it.

- I too hold grudges. I can forgive but will never forget and may even bring it up again years later.

- I overanalyze everything. Drives people nuts.

- I am manipulative.

- I am a salesman, could sell ice to an Eskimo...but this power can be used for evil easily.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.