Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i wrote this about a week ago...............My husband and i just got married in November and we already have a 4 month old baby. He says that hes been trying to open up to me and tell me everything that he couldnt tell is girlfriends but the problem is that he says that i dont listen to him and that i just change the subject. i dont remember doing this but i feel really bad. he said he felt alone and he doesnt know what to do any more. i really want to fix things but i dont know what to do because all i can think of is to listen but i can listen if he wont talk to me anymore. i feel like ive been too busy, i take care of my baby all day and at 4 i go and take care of my sister with down syndrom and on top of that i have to clean two houses mine and my moms.i know thats not a reason but i am really busy...................and after a week .................The problem now is that he says hes too emotionally tired to try to talk any more and he doesnt know how to fix it. and that he just went to his dark place inside like he did with his other girlfriend and he doesnt know how to get out of it because he never had too before. i have no idea what to do but i have been trying.

·
Premium Member
3,707 Posts
Actually I would say you haven't been trying hard enough. Someone that is depressed who feels hurt by what you do isn't going to keep opening up if they feel you are not being sincere. You need to have a good communication venue with the hubby. He is depressed and reached out to you then felt rejected, maybe multible times. If you don't have the time make it. Have a family member take the kid for a few hour so the two of you can talk, and really listen to what he has to say. Guys can feel just as vulnerable as women. They can be just as emotional and get hurt just as easy. Your priorty should be with your family which includes your husband and you can take him for granted it sounds like he needs to open up. If you can or just don't want to listen get him to a psycologist and support him going there.

draconis

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.