Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else get notifications that they just made a quote of someone's post?

I'm not sure if I can explain this clearly.

When I quote someone and make a comment, I get a notification of a quote being made. Normally, I expect this to be notification of someone quoting a post I made.

What I have found is, I get notices for quotes I make at the time I make them.

Now, maybe this is trivial. I just wonder why I would not be aware that I quoted someone? Is this done for security?

In other words, if someone could possible quote someone and somehow make it look like it was me? If that is the case, I can understand. I simply can't see another reason and find it difficult to believe I would get a notification if someone tried to make it look like I quoted someone.

I'm not sure what the case is here. I would like to mention that I know when I've quoted someone. My screen changes. The page is reloaded. I am taken to the post I just made with the quote....and so forth.

Something doesn't make sense. Can this particular feature be disabled? I mean, just the part that lets me know I've made a quote of someone else's post. I like getting a notice when someone quotes me.

I hope I'm making sense.

·
Premium Member
17,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I guess no one cares to even respond?

·
Premium Member
17,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you. I wondered if it was programmed to do that or there was a selection I made, or it was a glitch.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Every time I quote someone else it gives me a notification. I found it odd, but just figured that's that's way it is.

·
Premium Member
17,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Every time I quote someone else it gives me a notification. I found it odd, but just figured that's that's way it is.
Seems like it's something simple to change, but I guess it isn't? I've only programmed a few PLC's. I have no clue about this stuff.

·
Banned
4,266 Posts
I mainly use Tapatalk so I don't see any notifications unless I view via a browser, which is much less often. When I see 200+ notifications, I usually ignore them, so never noticed this particular issue.

·
Premium Member
17,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sounds like it is some setting. We need everyone available to post here.

·
Premium Member
4,302 Posts
Top right of page click on User CP, then scroll down to User Tagging and click on Settings. Uncheck the Quote Restriction box and anything else you don't want to get notifications for.

Upon further review, I think you may need to check the Quote Emails box instead. I think you'll find all you're looking for on that page though.

Reactions: Cynthia

·
Premium Member
17,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here's what it looks like. I don't see anything that will stop me from getting a notice that I quoted someone. I generally remember.......lol

All I need is to get a notice that one of my posts was quoted. There is one more selection at the top, but it doesn't have anything to do with these quotes.

I believe the software is incapable of doing what I desire.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,302 Posts
Here's what it looks like. I don't see anything that will stop me from getting a notice that I quoted someone. I generally remember.......lol

All I need is to get a notice that one of my posts was quoted. There is one more selection at the top, but it doesn't have anything to do with these quotes.

I believe the software is incapable of doing what I desire.
I misunderstood completely. Can't explain why you're getting notices when you've quoted someone. I quote all the time and have never received one of those alerts. Odd.

Sounds more like a system glitch than anything.

Reactions: 2ntnuf

·
Premium Member
17,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ever since I joined in 2012, it's been doing it. It's finally getting on my nerves a little. That's a good thing, really. It means I like myself enough to say something. I'm healing.

·
Premium Member
7,482 Posts
Top right of page click on User CP, then scroll down to User Tagging and click on Settings. Uncheck the Quote Restriction box and anything else you don't want to get notifications for.

Upon further review, I think you may need to check the Quote Emails box instead. I think you'll find all you're looking for on that page though.
I had no idea this existed. Thanks for the information.

In response to the OP, I always get a notification if someone quotes me, but I only randomly get a notification if I quote someone else. I have no idea why I get a notification that I quoted someone, but there must be something that triggers it. I haven't cared enough about it to look into it though.

·
Premium Member
4,302 Posts
That's one loyal glitch. Like I said, I have never received one of those. Just everything else under the sun.

Reactions: 2ntnuf

·
Premium Member
17,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I had no idea this existed. Thanks for the information.

In response to the OP, I always get a notification if someone quotes me, but I only randomly get a notification if I quote someone else. I have no idea why I get a notification that I quoted someone, but there must be something that triggers it. I haven't cared enough about it to look into it though.
There are times I go without getting a notice that I quoted someone, but that doesn't last long. It comes back, just like it does for you.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.