Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently in a relationship with a man that has been separated for a little over a year. He is in the process of divorce. His wife of 17 years had numerous affairs and walked out of the marriage. My question is that I see a lot of communication between the two. The conversations go beyond the child at times. Sometimes it is just a random text that has nothing to do about the child at all. Is this normal? Should I be concerned?

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
No sure what you are thinking have an a relationship with a man that is not divorced. Did yoiu have anything to do with his pending divorce?

They have had over 17 years togther and they have a child. It is hard to walk away from those things

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No I did not have anything to do with the demise of his marriage. My understanding is the marriage was over long before she walked out. He did say he was the one trying to keep the marriage together. After her affairs and then finally walking out he had, had enough. I am concerned over the communication outside from the child. I have been married and divorced. I never had that kind of communication after the marriage was over I am just concerned to whether he is really not over her even though he says he is.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Again I would question why you are in a relationship with someone that is still married? Seperated or not. I would just be upfront and ask him what is going on.

They have history and not all of it was bad so the fact that they have to talk about the kid might spark up other conversatoins.

Just be upfron with him and ask

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am in the relationship because after months of talking I trusted that he was over the marriage. I am finding that there seems to be emotional attachments there, especially for him. I think she could careless to be honest.

I have ask him. His response is that they have to communicate because of the child and she is a short distance away. I agree that they do have to communicate because of the child but outside of that I don't see the reason.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.