Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a situation, not unlike many of the people that post here. I am in a sexless, agonizing marriage. But unlike most of you, I truly believe both of us have no interest in each other. But...we have 4 kids together, an I think we stay together to help keep our sanity. Our kids are great, they are 10, 9, 7,7. The oldest and the twins have birthdays coming up in two months or less. I don't think either one of us could keep up with their activities without help from the other. We have been married for 12 1/2 years, but it has been a rough 12 1/2 years. I have tried at least three times to leave, only to come back mainly for the kids. One of the times I left, I ended up living with another woman. That situation turned into one of the craziest experiences in my life. I have certainly not been a front runner for the perfect husband award, but in my defense, my wife is an overbearing, control freak. Loud, obnoxious, etc., not the ideal wife. By the way, she's an attorney. I think the only thing we have left in common is the kids.

Ok, you have a little bit of history, which I am happy to expand upon if necessary.

Now, the REAL reason I found this site and decided to post. Today, at the place I work, I received a phone call. This phone call was from essentially an anonymous person. This person claimed my wife was cheating on me, and gave some details. Truth be told, I seriously do not care if she is "cheating" on me. Details of the phone call follow: I was told the supposed lovers name, someone I don't know. Anonymous person (AP from here on out) brought up the fact that my wife was not staying at our house several days a week(true), and claimed she was staying at loverboys house (wife has been telling me she's staying at her clients house who is going through a divorce). That my wife has been drinking alot, specifically Grey Goose vodka (she doesn't drink at home very often, but I have seen her with GG). AP stated my wife was vandalizing property with another woman (I think the "client" was being implied), but one of the things he stated they had done - putting sugar in someone's gas tank - is something I had suspected her of doing to MY car 3 1/2 years ago(I sold that car shortly thereafter). AP stated she was going to be divorcing me and taking me for everything I own, he gave some specifics, mainly my camera equipment (I am a photographer on the side), which he claimed she said she purchased (not true about the equipment I have now). He went on to say she was going to be brought up on charges of embezzlement soon, claiming she had taken money from her former partner (Oddly enough my wife thinks her former partner was taking money before he abruptly decided to break up their partnership, and has apparently gone through all the files and documented it). AP stated she was a conniving *****, and that she had the reputation around town as a dirty attorney who would do anything to win.

That pretty much sums up the phone conversation. He claimed he was just trying to help me out and told me to keep my eyes open. He also said he would be contacting me again in a week and he would have more information and photos.

Part of me knows this is all entirely possible and part of me also knows that it's also entirely possible that it's all crap. That someone is just trying to stir things up by twisting the truth and/or fabricating facts I can't substantiate. I am somewhat torn, between waiting to see if this guy actually gets photos and more info, or questioning my wife about it to see if it's true. The problem with confronting the wife, it could tip her off, and I might lose an opportunity to get information that might be helpful if she is in fact planning on divorcing me. But if it's not true, the information AP gave me might be helpful in thwarting a character assassination plan. And while there are MANY things about my wife I can't stand, if not for her I wouldn't have my great kids, and a place to stay, among other things.

Please give me your input. I was having a hard time with life already this year, this doesn't help.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Wow...so many what if's, I think it would drive me bonkers. The only thing you can do is take measure to protect your photography stuff and your rights as a father with your kids....just be careful that whatever family law attorney you find, make sure they won't tip her off.....good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.