Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my husband oftens refers to things as "his " instead of"ours" as of I don't even exist. For instance our kids or house. Sometimes with just him wording things as he does makes me think I am nothing special. We have been together for like 15 years and married for 10 and have 2 kids under the age of 9. I know he loves me but also wonder if he is only still with me because he hates the thought of change or being alone. Today he even made a public post about his parent not being able to go through surgery that I had no knowledge of him even suppose to be having let alone having to see it before hearing about it from him. When telling him that it was nice seeing it on there instead of hearing about all he had to say in a scarcastic way is that it came from him so I heard it from him. Am I just being that insecure or sensitive to how he says things? :confused:

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
This manner of speaking may indicate that someone is a little thoughtless and inconsiderate, but it is a far stretch to infer that the (one and) only reason he stays with you is that he hates the thought of being alone. My wife talks this way, mostly due to the bad influence of her disrespectful mother and her single friends

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
You're right not to like it and find it disrespectful. Words matter and they are indicative of how someone thinks. The point of a marriage is "us" and "we" not "me" and "mine"....but you know that.

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
This manner of speaking may indicate that someone is a little thoughtless and inconsiderate, but it is a far stretch to infer that the (one and) only reason he stays with you is that he hates the thought of being alone. My wife talks this way, mostly due to the bad influence of her disrespectful mother and her single friends
^This describes me, too. I went through SO much counseling and psychology training that I'm reluctant to include others in "my" statements because it strikes me as preventing them from having their own views/reality.

Thank goodness my husband's not sensitive about it and that I recognize it when I do it and correct myself, because communicating the "we" does bring about much more intimacy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.